Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My FINALLY finished project

7K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Beretta Young Gun 
#1 ·
well here it is my finally finished (short of a new blue job) fully custom BT-99. first three pictures are of the gun in progress. I used the origonal stock to work off of. i cut the comb off and attached a block of walnut to the top using metal pins and gorilla wood glue. I also extended the grip using the same method. I used wood filler putty to fillin all the voids and create a very nice large palmswell on the right side. the forend is completly handmade from scratch, and the whole project, with the exception of the professional paint job, was done by me at home. the rib is full adjustable from 100% to 120% made from wood just spray painted until i get an aluminum rib made. first two pics are the work in progress, and the final three are the finished project. from start to what you see now took two months, and the whole project, including gun and all materials cost less that $800.
Footwear Shoe

Footwear Shoe Boot

Cylinder

Ammunition Copper Cylinder

See less See more
#10 ·
The fun of these projects is hard to measure you are a man that likes to tinker and I am always playing around myself. I like the gun looks like a project I'm working on myself hope you shoot it well. The couple of hi rib guns I made took some getting used to after fit properly it is a learning curve that can take some time. Enjoy shooting it let us know how it goes.
Buddy

#11 ·
i spent two day working on the poi for the rib. with out the adjustment block at the front and the rib flush with the top of the existing rib, the gun will shoot 200%. the block at the front is set up in a "step" configuration. as i move the block back and forth it with raise or lower the poi. as for the "wackyness" of the stock, im a bigger guy with a bad habit of dropping my head to the stock rather than bringing my stock to my face. to eliminate my dilema, i made a high combed gun with a low pad adjuster, and a high rib. the gun shoots extremely well. I shoot nothing but buddy, or protection, shoots hence the higher poi. i shoot nothing but 1oz loads for the first shot, 1 1/8oz for a back up, and 1 1/4oz for any shoot offs. and because i designed the stock to fit me, there is a very very low amout of felt recoil no matter what shell i shoot. here is a couple of pics with the gun mounted and one of the back of the gun showing cast and comb rollover. BYG
Ammunition Cylinder Copper Bullet

Cylinder Material property Copper

#12 ·
Beretta: Check out the Keensight website and you will see my gun, which has a similar offset as yours. When you go to aluminum, you ought to consider having them build you your replacement / permanent rib. I started the same way as you, with a wood mockup, and they just copied it. Nice conform at the back end.

d

#14 ·
Well it looks like you solved the head down problem and from the pictures it seems to fit well. l would shoot it a while to make sure it is just right and then make a rib out of aluminum or type of plastic carbon fiber would be neat if you can find a piece. Thanks for the pictures I enjoyed them and the project.
Buddy

#22 ·
Looks very good to me; a rational way to get a heads up shooting position without hugely big bucks. Hope that "they" who make up the rib can have some nice big holes/open spaces in it. That way, that high rib won't catch the wind on a blustery day. Believe me, shoot out here in the West and..you can really get rocked around by desert gusts now and then.

#25 ·
so far ive broke 3, 25 straights in practices, and broke even on my wednesday night buddy shoots, and have no fear, i plan on doin the same thing to an over/under gun in the near future so i can finally get into shooting doubles. :) any suggestions on a cheap over/under gun? and those red eyes are for when i miss a target, i can shoot death rays at the targets. lmao. thanks for the comments fellas. keep'em comin' BYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.