1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Election Comments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I think that most regular readers will recognize from my numerous posts I have little positive expectations for our new Administration. However, the people have made their choice and in the traditions that has made our Country the greatest nation on earth, it is now time to let that Administration govern to the best of its ability. While I certainly support its right to govern, that doesn't mean that I have to support its policies.

I am sure that we will find as sportsmen a whole new wave of challenges to our rights regarding the ownership of firearms and the use of those firearms for both sporting and target purposes. If you're not already a member, I strongly encourage you to join the National Rifle Association as it will continue to be the leader in the fight to protect our Second Amendment Rights and our hunting privileges.

Our new President will be taking office in one of the most turbulent economic environments imaginable. The fact that this turbulence can be traced to the policies of his Party that resulted in the creation of the subprime mortgage business which has failed so spectacularly does not bode well. Placing more power in the people who caused the train wreck cannot be expected to produce positive results. However, for our own economic well-being, I hope that he can bring in advisers who can create some sensible and positive solutions.

Our new President is also taking office in an increasingly dangerous international environment. The nuclear capability that is already possessed by Pakistan, India and Israel must be carefully considered. The nuclear capability that is sought by Iran and other less than stable regimes with long-standing ties to terrorist organizations introduces an escalating danger that must be addressed.

The re-emergence of an aggressive Russia whose resurgence has been fueled by petrodollars, creates a significant destabilizing effect in Europe and Asia. The sheer lunacy of the regime of Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, also fueled by petrodollars, will create increasing challenges in South America and the Caribbean. The increasing economic power of China brings increasing demand on world resources.

To meet these challenges, both domestic and foreign, the Country has elected a person who has such a short resume of successful decision-making that it is impossible at this point in time to project any reason based confidence in his ability to meet them. However, for all of our sakes and the future of our Country, we must, at the very least, wish him well and hope to he grows in the office and rises to the challenges.

For those of us who are Americans first and Republicans or Democrats second, giving our new President the opportunity to succeed and to earn our confidence is our responsibility. As such, I do wish him well.

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'm with you Mr. Brooks! Very well written, thank you.

Guy Babin

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Amen!

Hauxfan!

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

JB: Maybe yuo can find a place in this administration, once the secret service stops following you. LOL. Fred

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

JB,,good hard fought battle,,to bad we lost,,,

some days your the bug,,some days your the windshield,,,,thanks for your effort,,Jim

6. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Good post. Let’s all hope for the best.

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

JB,

Kudos to you.

I am sure that as the euphoria wears off others may well start to see the world as you have outlined it here.

All we can do is go forward and do all we can to support our country and each other as we deal with these many challenges.

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Nice to see that the gene pool, as represented in this thread thus far, received the intelligence gene. Amen Mr. JBrooks. "This Bud's for You!"

9. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

How about those babies still in the womb trying to dodge an abortionists scalpel or a saline solution that burns their skin off?

10. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

Good post..someone needs to "get er done"..and soon..

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

JBrooks, this may be your finest post yet! Kudos to you! And I wish Obama well for the sake of our country.

John Ertel

12. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

brooks IT ANT over yet we will see before 2010 is here we will win same as 1864 rick

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The people of America will survive inspite of the fact that Obama won the election ... This is not the first time there has been a Democrate elected as President ... This is one of those set backs in life that people always talk about but it won't last for ever ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Great post Mr. Brooks. Let us see how much the followers of President Obama feel in 728 days.

Clyde

15. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

GREAT CHANGE IN WASHINGTON D.C. TODAY SAME APPOINTED PEOPLE

THAT WERE IN THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION QUOTE I WILL CHANGE

WASHINGTON D.C.

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

JBrooks, I knew that you would come through; we think a lot alike and your right on target. Always a pleasuer to read your post and see that there are thinking individuals that post here.

17. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

The Republic has spoken. I feel abandoned by my friends and fellow Americans who put him in office. However, he is my President, and yes I must wish him well as well. For this is the greatest country on earth before and after the election of 2008. I do not support many of his policies and visions, and am very fearful of his extreme left wing agenda toward guns and abortion. Dang, there's even hope for liberal California, for the people spoke loud and clear about gay marriage.

Mr. Brooks, I too highly suggest every gun owner join the NRA. They are our only organized voice against extreme gun control. Ignore all the mailings you receive from the NRA. Give what you can. Join the Heritage Foundation, an organization that promotes conservatism. Give them all the support you can.

I feel confident the extreme left wing will destroy itself. There is hope even when things are at their darkest moments.

18. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Mr Brooks Good Job and well written. There is surely some positive to come out of this. We will have to find it and expand it. THanks for your wonder post.

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Since the very same people who put us in this jam such as Chris Dodd, Barnie Franks, Nancy Pelose, Harry Reid etc. will have increased power under this new administration, the republic is in increased danger! As for the election, we lost and they won but it is only a battle, not the war. The war goes on and we must never lose sight of what we believe in nor in our ability to prevail!

This is a time to organize and to plan for the future. This election was an aberation, whipped up by media hatred for Bush and yes, even for America. This was the ONLY environment in which a candidate such as Obama could win. We must be vigilant and oppose the things we are against and stand up for what we believe. This is not a time to surrender and to blindly follow the will of the "majority". Lord knows, they can be wrong - they have so many times before!

The interesting thing to me is the choice of Rahm Emmanuel as Chief of Staff. I konw he is Jewish but I don't know his position vis-s-vis Israel. I believe that this is the first test the new administration will face. Don't be surprised if Israel bombs Iran before Jan. 20. It depends on the signals they receive from the incomming President. Israel may be forced to act alone.

These are certainly interesting times.

20. ismah

ismah Member

BROOKS,
    Trying to be gracious doesn't erase the poison you've been spewing for the past two years. Our country has been at an all time low in its history, the republican administration has almost bankrupted us, they adopted things like torture and un-protected imprisonment. The occupation of Iraq is criminal and the elected gentry that have been profiting from it will, hopefully, be prosecuted. Your artificial concern is pathetic. You've been nothing but a small radical voice puling biased information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.