1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My elderly mother sent me this,MY NEW BOYFRIENDS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    My elderly mother sent me this email. From the title, I quickly looked to see what is going on??? Thought you might like to see what she is now up to.
    Steve Balistreri

MY NEW BOYFRIENDS

I am seeing 5 gentlemen (give or take) every day!.

As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps me get out of bed.

Then I go to see John.

Then Charlie Horse comes along, & when he's here, he takes up a lot of my time & attention.

When he leaves,

Arthur Ritis shows up & stays the rest of the day.
    He doesn't like to stay in one place very long so he takes me from joint to joint.

After such a busy day, I'm really tired & very glad to go to bed with Ben Gay.

What a life! Oh, yes, I'm also flirting with Al Zymer; or whatever his name is. I forget!

I am also thinking of calling JACK DANIELS, Jim Beam, Jose Quervo,or JOHNNY WALKER to come over and keep me company.
    Now remember: Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. So have fun, think 'good thoughts' only, learn to laugh at yourself, and 'count your blessings!!!!!!!

Mother

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

The toilet paper analogy is certainly true. Seems like it took forever to reach 50. Since then it feels like I'm driving a top fuel dragster toward the big dirt nap.

3. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Absolutley to the point, "we" can relate to this.
    Mark

4. senior smoke

When I was a teenager I could not wait to get older. I often sit back since I retired now, and wonder where has the time gone? Like the old soap opera says, "like sand in an hour glass, so go the days of our lives, how true.
    Steve

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Steve that is a good one. Isn't it amazing that all the older folks with arthritis don't drink to get rid of the pain? I asked one older co worker who had retired and now has that ailment in his hands and elbows how he managed the pain and he told me he didn't drink at all anymore. At one time he was known as someone to break open the seal on a jug or two. I assumed he didn't drink so he could afford the pain medication and he just laughed and told me "Hell Dan if alcohol worked to get rid of arthritis pain every oldtimer would be drunk everyday. The taverns would be full of eighty year olds." He said that alcohol accentuates the pain arthritis gives you and that's why you don't see the older folks getting hammered like the young folks do to themselves. Dan

6. senior smoke

Dan:
    Was unaware that alcohol didn't numb the pain of arthritis. I knew an older trap shooter with bad arthritis in his hands and fingers. Poor guy could not even pull the trigger of his gun anymore.
    Steve

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I weep when I think about the yrs gone by that once I thought were mine to keep.

George@SJB---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.