1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My dog has gas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pedagogue, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

My dog has gas that can clear a football stadium. Any suggestions on feeding or drugs etc. Help I can’t hold my breath much longer. jack

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Try this......LOL

grntitan_2009_2503130.jpg

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

This has potential.

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

LMAO !!!!! Ya blame it on the Dog

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

A large cork!

When he starts looking like a balloon ... take him outside, stand aside, and pull out the plug.

Reinsert before letting him back in the house!

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Me too. Actually, a friend of mine would give his dog bean-o and it seemed to work.

7. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

Has anyone tried GasX with their dog? What is the dosage? My vet said he never heard of it being used on dogs would not recommend it. jack

8. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

What you smell is a molecule of the subject matter

if you have enough molecules of the subject matter you then have a pile

of subject matter and your dog subject mattered on you

one more point on the subject matter is why some gas is all air and some gas

has lumps in it witch is generally found after the fact, To be sure some on

forum will have the answer

9. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

We were having a dinner party when a guest asked to get the dog from under the table because of the "gas" he was expelling. I looked under the table and told the guest the dog wasn't under the table. The silence was deafening for about five seconds. D Winter

10. TC

TC TS Member

Could be caused by something new in the diet. Have you changed dog food recently? I assume the vet didn't find anything wrong.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

convert your car to burn methane and take the dog w/ you wherever you go. The greenie weenies will be pleased w/ you.

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Most dogs seem to pass gas when they get older, I have noticed this on my dogs after they got over 8 years old and on the same dog food. Anyone else notice this with their dogs.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I notice it more from dogs that get feed table scraps. I have also noticed as Dr.Longshot mentioned from older dogs. Could this be from lack of exercise?

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I had a gas problem with a old mutt I adopted I was cleaning some parts in gasoline and went to answer the phone and the dog drank a good amount of the gasoline when I was gone. When I came back the dog was running around like a crazed Greyhound for about 10 minutes and then just fell over on it's side. My neighbor saw this and came running over and asked if the dog was dead I said no he just ran out of gas.

Good morning Ya All

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

is your dog a German Shorthair? Those dogs fart a lot...the dog I had any my uncle's dog use to fart all the time.

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sernv99 seems to know the truth about the GSPs. The farting is of course a digestive problem and one thing I have found that helps (I have 2 GSPs) is canned green beans. I give the boys a couple three beans per day as if they were treats and the gas seems to be almost tolerable.

Also, If your dog is eating a lot of grass, the green beans will help him out and are alot easier on his plumbing.

As another poster hinted, you don't want to completely solve this problem as is always good to have a 'cover story' for your own excesses.

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I will say the size of the dog does not regulate the vial odor or amount of stinch they can produce. My wifes little black Pug can fart with the best of 'em. She has run us out of the living room a many a night.
    Don't let this innocent face fool you.

grntitan_2009_2503131.jpg

18. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

I had a wife once that could keep up with all of them ,,,thank god shes gone mx8Dave I love my GSP

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Try using a dog food with less protein, that causes the mega farts, we have two Great Danes, and if we use cheap dog food high in protein, it's unbearable

20. larryjk

larryjk Member

Check what you feed the dog or give for treats. My yellow laborador used to pass gas that would make your eyes water. We were giving him Milk-Bones for treats. We tried Purina Bonz and the problem ceased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.