1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MY DIVORCE WAS FINALIZED TODAY -- GOOD RIDDANCE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well, after 30 steady years of loyalty, it all came to an official end today.

Yep, I just sold my last piece of crap General Motors vehicle. It was the third one I unloaded since last year and the very last one that I, or anyone who lives under my roof, will ever own. When GM went on welfare, I knew my loyalty had been misplaced and that I had been stabbed in the back. When they went on TV and shamelessly lied about paying it back early, I knew I could never forgive.

Tonight there is a shiny new Ford in my garage, and I am a very happy man to feel clean again.

Buh-Bye forever, GM Dirtbags. :)

-Gary

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Good for you. I have been a GM fan since '64 when I got my first new car,an Olds. I earned a living for 15 1/2 years fixing(body repair)only GM cars,Corvettes & Cadillac. I WILL NOT BUY GM. I do not like the cars they make & they,as a company,are nothing but hype. They have one half way decent model,the CTS. And the same with Chrysler. Not much there for sure. Ford,maybe 1 or 2 that can be looked up to. When are the American car companies going to stop throwing hype at us & give us decent vehicles. Just look at the stupidity of their ads. It shows in their cars.

3. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I grew up in a GMC/Chevy home.... a good home it was too....

I will not own two things.... a Crysler or GM product .... The End :)

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

While I still have a silverado, when it is time to go, it will be replaced by a Ford....I won't buy anything made by a company with its corporate lips firmly attached to BHO's hind end or who will lie to the public and tell how they've paid back their loan (with another bailout)....bye, bye GM

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ford is making some excellent vehicles these days. They all either hold their own or are better than all of the Japanese cars. Absolutely cannot go wrong with a ford.
    -Trappy

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's the morning after, and my new Ford looks just as pretty as she did at bedtime. All my GM EXs are now with other men and I feel only pity for the poor bastards.

"FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GAWD I'M FREE AT LAST!"... It feels SO GOOD to no longer be held down by "the man!" LOL!

Life is GOOD!

-Gary

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Latest bumper sticker. Buy GM support Obama's reelection campaign!!

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. I've been all Ford since I was 20 years old.. They've never let me down.. Old Blue is going on her 21st year.. You'll see her at the GRAND this year.. That's 105 years in people years..LOL... Well.. I've been happy with my Ford trucks.. No wife has been with me as long as Old Blue.. Guess that makes her family.. All Good.. Mike

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

My old 87 chevy 1500 with 305 engine is still going with 258,000 miles on her and only one starter and two water pumps. Doesn't even use oil. Other than rust I have no complaints whatsoever.

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I spent 38 years around GM vehicles - 11 as a GM Master Tech and 27 as a GM dealership service manager/fixed operations manager. I bled GM blue, if there is such a thing, and had their back through all the product problems of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s - Vega engines, full-size truck rust-through, THM700R4 transmissions, THM440T4 transaxles, 5.7L diesels, paint delamination, Cadillac V8-6-4 & HT4100 engines, mid-70s Corvette paint, mid-80s Corvette electrical woes, Riviera/Toronado electronic nightmares and the list goes on (way on). Understand, I know that every automaker has its problems, so every person with a job like mine went through the same thing. But for me, it was with GM.

My wife drives an AWD 2003 Saturn Vue equipped with that division's infamous VTi transaxle, a component that has racked up a near-100% failure rate. The warranty on that unit was even extended by GM due to the amount of failures. My wife's failed before GM developed a repair and update procedure for them, so it was replaced with a GM remanufactured transaxle that, since it was assembled using the same parts, suffered the same failure just after the warranty extension expired.

When I called Saturn customer assistance to report the second failure, I was told that they could not offer more than 50% goodwill assistance. I reminded the overly-polite young thing with whom I spoke that the transaxle had been replaced with a GM Service Replacement Transaxle Assembly (SRTA), that those units come with a 36-month, 50,000-mile no-deductible warranty and that less than two years and 20,000 miles had passed since it was installed. She said she never heard of such a thing and wouldn't change her offer.

I wrote to the Customer Assistance Center manager and received the same reply. She never heard of such a warranty and my years of loyal service to GM meant nothing. Fortunately, the local Saturn dealer honored the SRTA warranty, but GM lost a multi-vehicle customer over that.

There are Fords in my future, too.

Ed

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guys...

I owned a Olds Diesel.... That almost cured me of GM cars but I went and bought a gas version because the Diesel had become unreliable due to the plastic parts in the injection system. The new gas car left me stranded three times in the first 2500 miles due to a faulty alternator circuit.

Switched to Ford Crown Victoria in 1989 and have never looked back. I might think about a GM when the apologize for the JUNK they sold me and get off the 'Govnment' dole.

TB

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I still have two GM products and they both are/have been subject to recall repair work. Okay but finding a dealer that can get that done in this area is a major PIA. No more GMs for me. My most recent car purchase was a Ford Fusion and when it is time to replace the pickup I'll probably look at blue ovals first.

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I personally want to thank all of you who'll no longer buy a GM product. I'm going truck shopping next week for my 3rd new Silverado since 1983. I should find a great selection on the lot because nobody wants them. You guys are going to make this buying experience way too easy.

I'll post pic's next week of my new beauty!

ss

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I just bought a used silverado with 45k and I hope it holds up as well as the others have for me. BTW I get 20MPG+ on the road with my 4x4 extended cab 5.3 315 HP engine.

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've had some great experiences with GM products. I now drive a 2002 Regal that has had two sets of front pads and a pair of rotors, a coolant pump and just recently, a right drive axle replaced. That's it for 110,000 miles. And the wife's Vue has only had transaxle woes over about the same number of miles. Shucks, I have an old 1992 S10 Blazer LT that I bought for our son's first vehicle in 1995 that is still running. The body is rusted and it went through a bunch of ball joints until I put grease fittings in the last set and used to eat a starter a year until I went to an aftermarket one six years ago. But other than that kind of stuff, it's been a good vehicle and I now only put about 2,000 miles a year on it for hunting or snowy weather driving.

As a rule, the products GM sells today aren't that bad but GM the company is another story.

Ed

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I've always been a conservative buyer no matter what brand I was considering...if you keep abreast of the past track records of drive train combinations and such ..you can usually avoid the lemon.....I would love to get another new F350 but the 2011s engines are going to be brand new designs ...might buy a leftover 2010 just because I dont like betting on unknowns ,,the Tritons are great motors and I would buy another in a heartbeat...wish the Duramax was an available engine in the Ford! Oh well...or maybe I'll just wait to see how the new motors work out.

17. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...does a 70' Vette' fall into the same crappy category???

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

FWIW: My '99 Taurus with 120k with zero issues. Aside from normal maintenence oil changes, tires, etc still runs as new on all original parts.
    mixer_2008_030326.jpg

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I've always been a Ford guy, but did work for a company that drove all GM, at one time I was driving 104 miles one way to work, and had an 86 Astro van with a 4.3 V6, I put 415,000 miles on it before they would give me a new one, because the boss said I would just wear it out driving back and forth to work, the only thing they ever did to it was change out the differential, because it had a leaky grease seal, and they had a spare from a truck totaled in a wreck

And I ran the sh*& out of that van

But I still drive Fords and always will, GM made some good stuff, but the deal they cut with Obozo isn't right

20. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

Here's mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.