1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MY DAY AT THE GUN CLUB!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    went to an area club today to shoot their winter events. shot pretty good today. last week it was cold and very windy. one of the shooters last week said the piece of garbage shotgun that he was shooting is as good as gone. he had a terrible day last week. today, warmer weather, less wind and he did very well. this same gun he shot last week that he said was a piece of garbage, today he now says is probably the best shooting gun he ever had. the time to buy a used gun, is when a shooter shoots terrible. to me, a cold day, and a warm club house near a holiday is as close to heaven on earth as it can get. years ago we use to shoot on christmas eve, gifts would be exchanged, everyone was in a good mood, some of the best memories i have. one year just before thanksgiving i won a 35 lb. turkey, that's right, a 35 lb. turkey. i put a seat belt around this tom driving it home. it had drum sticks as large as my car viser. it was so big that it would not fit in our oven. so i donated it to an area orphanage. the guys that i usually shoot with are getting older and our shooting days are on the down side. we sit, talk about good times and friends that we have made in this wonderful sport. we all talk better than we shoot nowadays. when i was young i can remember how a bad score would or could ruin my day. now, i shoot so many poor scores that i am happy just to participate. i guess men mature later in life than women. walmart in my area just raised it prices from $21.97 to $22.97 for a 4 pack of federal shells. around a year ago i was paying $14.97. i better go, by the way, hoipe everyone has a happy thanksgiving. i plan to eat and drink like Henry the VIII.
    steve balistreri

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Steve, thaks for the Thanksgiving wishes. I wish you the same. Your time at the range sounded like an excellent way to conclude the day. Getting older, I think we appreciate things a lot more than when we were younger. Mike

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Steve, Thanks for the warm wishes and my hope it that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

4. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

sounds like you hit home for a lot of us, i find myself drinking more coffee and playing more cards and less shootin .. i may not hit all of them but i sure enjoy the ones i smoke..

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My two friends pictured say "Happy Thanksgiving".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.