1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter Shot Trap Today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spclays1, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

I am one proud Dad. My oldest Daughter is almost 15 and has not shot a shotgun since she was about 8, a 410. Well, today I picked her up at one of her friends and went by the gun club. She is a girly girl, and has NEVER wanted anything to do with shooting. She was watching her mother and me shoot a round of Trap and said she wanted to give it a try, I almost passed out. I showed her how to stand, mount and hold the Beretta 303. She smoked the first 6 targets out, missed one and hit 6 more. She finished up with a 17, 14, 17 and a 16. She wouldn't be quiet all the way home, just going off about shooting. She already wants her own gun, painted pink(OMG). I have created a MONSTER. I have another 303 with custom Weing wood. I need a stock and forearm for a 303. HELP!!!!!!!!She wants me to start a SCTP at her school, how do I do that???

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You are right, you have created a monster. Good for you. I know the feeling for i have a 15 yr old that went thru the same thing. It is a great thing to have a family intrested in the same things. My sons school already had the SCTP set up but i think there should be some info somewhere on here about how to get it started. You will have alot of fun if you can keep her intrest. I find i am more into his shooting than my own sometimes. Congrats and good luck my friend.---Matt

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

You have every right to be proud. You and daughter did good. Most shooting fathers only dream of being able to keep a daughter interested in such a fun positive sport, instead of getting involved with any of the negative activities available today.

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Yep a Monster... but a good Monster... I have one of those also. I am having the time of my LIFE !!!

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I had to paint one pink to get someone started, that was a year ago and I would do it another 1000 times if I thought I could get one more, like her, interested.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=HPIM0172.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

She said that she likes the Pink K32.......

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

On the cheaper end of the pink guns, don't forget about the Browning Cynergy!! I couldn't find a picture of the pink one, but it's the same thing except pink where the yellow is. Have fun! Though I am taking tips on how to reverse this and get the kid (me) to get the father into shooting.
    -Trappy

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I believe this is what you were going for trappy.<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    Always good to hear about new shooters to our sport. Josh

9. samiam03

samiam03 Member

I can see it now - an American Girl trap shooter doll

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Consider yourself lucky.........and enjoy it. ;-)

Hauxfan!

11. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Congrats, you will never regret the time spent with her. I have a 17 yr old who still thinks dad is cool and likes to hang out at the club. She started when she was 12.

Feed the monster and watch it grow.

12. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

My daughter is 17 and just decided recently to start shooting again! We have an excellent 4H shooting sports program and she was the .22 rifle champion at the age of 13. Then she too became a girly girl and decided that girls weren't supposed to shoot guns. About three months ago she called the 4H sponsor to get reinstated in the club, all on her own. I had decided just to keep quiet because anything I said went in one ear and out the other. Now we are shooting together again!!!!

Steve

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Awesome.

My daughter broker her first clay target at 11, was on our club's SCTP team from age 12 through high school, and now shoots on her college club team at Kansas State University.

Here's the bad news. Dad, now you have to foot the bill for all her shooting! And get all her stuff ready for her when she shoots. And clean her gun.

And you'll love every minute of it.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Very cool. Remember to instill Safety, Safety, Safety.

-Gary

15. shamlin

shamlin Member

I am in a similar boat. The only reason I got back into trapshooting a couple of months ago was because of my 15 year old. He wanted to try all the outdoors sports that my dad did with me. Well after archery, bass fishing, and trap shooting guess which one he loves. Now my other 2 sons are hooked and I just got my wife shooting 3 weeks ago. Now I am loading approximately 600 shells a week. I AM BROKE!

16. Damifino

Damifino Member

<i>Now I am loading approximately 600 shells a week. I AM BROKE!</i>

Good to know I am not alone in this addiction.

17. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

For SCTP, see link above. You're a lucky man, do whatever it takes. Phil E

18. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Just what I need another little girl to wup up on me,,,,more power to them and the families that support their shooting,,,,and I do love shooting with the kids,,,,keeps me on my toes,,,,and some times I can beet them

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

My 9 year old is keeping me broke just burning .22 rimfire shells through her 10/22. It won't be long and she will be into my shotshell cache. But I'm looking forward to it, one of the benefits of being a dad.

20. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Heck, I'm totally screwed...I have a 5 year old, Erica. she's also burning through the .22 shells in her henry (under very watchful supervision).

And she's taken up archery, too...she likes to go to the bow shop and shoot the little compound bow they keep there for girls her age.

I'm sure a pink gun is my future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.