1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My daughter driving her pull truck...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Here is a picture of my daughter driving her pull truck last weekend at a local tractor pull, right now we only have a 355 small block in it.. she ended up with second place.. the crowd really loves to see her pull, especially when she stands it up! not bad for 13 years old..lol..
    blkcloud_2009_221152.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They not require a helmet at those pulls?

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

4. Shawn

Shawn Member

Very cool.

Good for her.

Shawn

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ya know the sayin.....ya can't fix stupid.....helmets are for sissys anyhows

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Here we go again.....

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

This is what is called the "farm truck gas class".. no helmet required in this class.. She has a helmet and a fire suit.. somehow I managed to leave the helmet at home.. anyone care to guess the speed she is going?? I bet you cant get close.. lol.. the sled has a digital speed readout.. the sled weighs 40,000 pounds.. ok I'll tell you.. 14 MPH..LOL..

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Them helmets are highly over mandated kind of like safety glasses. What the heck - only one in a thousand people ever need these items .....

9. hoot619

hoot619 Member

It is so nice reading these comments- about taking someone's inventory of how they are doing. I wonder if they ever take their own!! Yes I do take my own and I an far from perfect.and still have a long ways to go. Ken U

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

So, If blkclouds daughter makes 1000 runs in her lifetime she better have her helmet on during just that one race that she needs it, or all 1000 races because you just don't know which race she will need it in??? If you ride a motorcycle every day, one day you will lay the bike down. It will happen I know. Now if you don't want to be wearing a helmet on that day, that's up to you. I know bones and muscles will heal, but brain cells will not!!! Now Blkcloud, it looks as if you have a die-hard puller on your hands. May she have years of fun doing it. Break-em all. Jeff

11. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

My daughter would be wearing a helmet. Never know what will happen, even with all safety precautions. If I was the promoter of the event, I would have all participants wearing helmets.

12. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Cloud,

Looks pretty cool. How does she see the track at that angle, or does she gauge where she is going looking out the drivers side? Do the 2wd trucks have a right and left brake (like stock tractors) to help with steering once the front end is off the ground. I always wondered but never asked.

John

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

What a great picture, you have good reason to be proud blkcloud.

What a bunch of whiny ninnies we have on here, no one in my age bracket, 60, wore a helmet when we rode a bike, horse, sled, whatever. The sanctioning body doesn't require a helmet for 14 mph runs, why should it? IF you believe it should do you wear one while your driving to the range because it's a hell of a lot more dangerous than what that young lady is doing.

I don't remember the name of the book but I read years ago that you become what you hate. The context was that Americans hated the Russians because they made their women work in factories just like the men. Look what happened to us in the fifties. I think the same thing is happening now, we used to hate the geeks, nurds, and cry babies but now many of us are becoming exactly that.

14. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

WOW, It Is Great to See A Young Person Get involved In A "Clean Fun Sport" And Not "Hanging Out" At The Mall. I Know Times Are Tough But, You Sir Deserve A "Atta-Boy" For Being there for Your Daughter.Not only Will she Treasure These days Or Nights with Her Dad Now But, Later On In Life.The Values She Learns Today Will benefit Her The Rest Of Her Life.Oh, And Please Tell Her she Looks "COOL" Behind The wheel Of That "BOWTIE". Joe Whitehurst P.S. Maybe A Sign On The Side Of Her Pickup Saying "Drive Like A Girl---If You Can"

15. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Blkcloud What motors do you have in that thing it has the tires planted to the dirt and is haulin the mail. Pat.

16. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Thanks guys, like I said, she does have a helmet just forgot it that night.. as far as steering brakes, all of the really souped up trucks have them, this is at the end of the track when the weight box hits the end of the sled and the truck comes up in the air, the first 3/4 of the pull its just barely up in the air, I have a "working" kill switch at the hitch in case the truck came loose and a big red flip type kill switch in the cab for her to smack in case anything should go astray..

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

blkcloud it's good that she's interested, and at 14 mph I really think she's safe, you've done a good job raising her

But the big question......... are the purses any bigger?

Back when I pulled tractors, if you won you barely broke even and if the engine decided to puke ohhhhhhh that hurt

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I raced for over 30 years and never would of thought of getting into a car without safety gear in place ... If she would detonate that engine at any speed and have a gas fire that flashed inside the cab she would be scared for life and you would never forgive yourself ... Thats just my opinion, and the way I do things ... Only scars I got are from Pit accidents ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Kool nothing like the sound of a small block wingin it.
    NHRA requires helmets for 13.99 and quicker.

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

blkcloud.....I've heard all of your excuses and the others that take your side, many,many times.....it's the same excuse over and over again, that they are not going that fast. I don't care whether you have a kill switch or not....if your hitch breaks that truck will not just set down nice and smooth.

No..... more than likely it will bounce violently enough to smack your daughters head against the rear window and then throw her head into the steering wheel.....or the door............get the picture???????

And yes.....brush pulling trucks seem to always be on fire.

Brush pulls are an accident looking for a place to happen. The promoters have little experience and know even less about what should be required for safety equipment......of course if they had rules there would be no pull.

You will reach the day where you will look back and ask your self.....how could I have been that foolish.

A daughter looks to her dad to protect her, just hope that someday when your not there, that you have taught her to use better judgment.

My kids were riding ATVs and Motocross bikes before they were 4, but never without proper safety gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.