1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My carbon footprint

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I was just looking at some of the stories out on the wires today. Two gave me some concern as far as my shooting sport. Seems that in Santa Clara Ca. the county is going to ban smoking in your own home. Of course it's for health concerns. That evil old second hand smoke you know. I guess the day is coming when if you want to smoke in your home you'll have to get one of those giant charcoal filters and seal up your home in order to smoke in it. Sounds to me like the county regulators will fast be after gas producing foods next. The second story was about the Olympic commitee is thinking about ending the firework show at the start of the olympics. So much carbon coming from those evil fireworks you know. With the fireworks ban I see them coming after our powder burning too some day. Today I find myself shopping for a home in the middle of nowhere with about 200 acres to insulate myself from the nut-cases running lose in this country. Let's hope I have no trees or water on my property so as to keep the Federal government from regulating my land. AND, I better make sure there are no endangered creatures on the property to keep the government from my door. When will those in power ever realize that the true American is the actual endangered animal? Jim

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The smoking ban in the house won't stand. It will be impossible to enforce.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"...Today I find myself shopping for a home in the middle of nowhere with about 200 acres to insulate myself from the nut-cases running lose in this country...."</i></blockqoute>The chief problem with a property like that is that it's damned hard to defend from a herd of nut-cases.

MK

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Your right, it might be impossible to enforce but look at it this way. Its another way for the authorities to get kids to rat on adults. The kids are already encouraged to tell on whats going on in their household. Once they get their foot in the door they will look for any and all violations. Besides big brother is too big already!!!

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't smoke, but if I did then it wouldn't be in the house where my kids live anyway. However, I would not regulate what others do. There are lots of households that don't have kids. Still impossible to enforce.

I don't think that it will happen. I hope that I am not wrong.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jim actually you would be better off if you had some endangered species on you land, that way they couldn't take it for imminant (sp) domain

When I saw a map of the Trans Texas Corridor, one of them shows the road going right over our house, we moved here 15 years ago to get away from the city

I need to find some snail darters or some other useless critter that the tree huggers want to save

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

There is no way....Obama smokes remember? Crazy lune liberal speak...

8. kd185

kd185 Member

i dont think it will happen
    this is the same state that already has medical marijuana and trying to get recreational marijuana
    where the hell will they smoke there dope if they ban smoking in your own home

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

xring. I thought I saw where the OC has already eliminated the use of firearms for the winter games and replaced with air guns.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A mans home is his castle. HMB

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Tree leaves give off hydrocarbons in normal life cycle. In the fall, they give out lots more. What is the Goverment going to do about that, cut down all the trees? Maybe they will just ban the fall season.

12. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

These Liberals need a different line of work.
    Hopefully most will be removed during the elections.
    Enough is enough.

Everyone has lost site of the fact that its not about saving anything, its about reform that forces you and I to spend money to retrofit our lives. Its about absolute control of the people. If you are in control of the people you are also in control of the money and visa-verse.

All these tree hugging, bunny licking, enviro-nazis
    Can kiss my carbon a$$ print.

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Make that 2 carbon ass print kisses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.