1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Caesar Guerini patterning results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It was icy this morning and I pattern the 34"inch Bbl w/full choke tube specs on my 34"inch Bbl is Bore .737 and full choke was .700= .037 full choke the choke tube measures 3 3/16"inches long. I hand loaded 3 shells 22 grains 800-X
    with 492 grs. STS hull w/Windjammer wad, shot pattern board is 40yards measured distance to end of muzzle. #8s patterned 20 inches to center of pattern, first pellets hit 10"inches above POA Point Of Aim.

2nd shells was loaded the same w/7 1/2s and it was 1 inch higher and a tighter pattern w/more even distribution, less flyers.

3rd shell was loaded the same way w/6s all weighed 492 grains 1 1/8th oz
    and shell printed 1 1/2"inches higher, patterned tightened up to an 19" circle.

My results concluded to me the heavier shot printed higher w/less drop at same reloading reciepe.

The 800-X is a slow burning powder and generates 7,500psi

I wish I had some PROMO to pattern with but I ran out of it.

The Caesar Guerini affirmed to me how it shoots right out of the box, it does shoot higher than any other gun I have shot w/o Bbl modifications.

I will pattern the O/U Bbls when it gets a little bit warmer and the ice goes away.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Magical, just magical! And it patterns higher than any other factory shotgun, too? Amazing. Sounds like it might be a better buy than even the SKB I was considering. And 20" inch patterns at 40 yards? If I can just be sure that it's more resistant to blowing up than, say, a K-80, well, my mind will be made up.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Really going to need some pictures Gary. I need to see this miraculous pattern!

ss

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Patterns are usually measured by their diameter, not to the center. It's unclear to me just how Gary measured it. If it's a 20" DIAMETER pattern at 40 yards, that's one heck of a tight pattern.

Easystreet

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

LS:

1) Rewrite that post so we can understand the measurements without guessing what you mean. 2) Tell us how many #8 pellets are in that 20 inch circle.

6. dimapower

dimapower Member

20" to center sounds like a radius measurement vs. diameter. Please confirm.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Pictures of patterns over written words any day explains more than an encyclopedia? Hap

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think it's clear enough, guys.

"#8s patterned 20 inches to center of pattern, first pellets hit 10"inches above POA Point Of Aim."

All the pellets landed between ten inches high and thirty inches high - the exact 20 inch pattern you were wondering about.

Apparently, some of those at ten inches high - with the 8's - were flyers:

"2nd shells was loaded the same w/7 1/2s and it was 1 inch higher and a tighter pattern w/more even distribution, less flyers."

So with 7 1/2's, the diameter of the circle containing all the pellets was smaller than 20 inches. In fact, with bigger shot it was just 19 inches, a diameter easy enough to measure.

I don't know why you didn't think that was clear.

Neil

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

This is a copy paste.

20 inches to center of pattern

That seems clear to me too.

10. front242

front242 Member

Doesn't "20 inches to the center" mean there is another 20 inches on the other side of center giving a 40 inch pattern?

Tim
    ²4²

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

frt242 that is exactly how I saw it

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Only the shadow knows, ask Lamont Cranston. HMB

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Neil,

I see that your sense of humor is as strong as ever.

ss

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Would you guys please remember that Doc L is only trying ot convince youthat his new CG is a target crushing high shooter right out of the box. Not that it is a turkey choked gun. And he is giving part of the credit to CG rather than hog his success all to himself.

15. dzneff

dzneff Member

My CG with the front rib adjustment set as high as possible shoots high on targets. I have not patterened it (I like to adjust a shotguns POI by shooting at targets and noticing which way the chips fly. At 16 yd, I have to hold below the bottom of the target to get a good break - If I hold right on the target, it results as a miss - too high. At 25 - 27 yd, I can hold just at the bottom of the target for a good break. I shoot only 1 oz #8 @ 1150 fps.
    Dennis

16. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

I think he meant 40 feet instead of yards.

17. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Dennis,

You are missing out on a wonderful opportunity with that gun that shoots too high. Put less powder in your reloads, that way it will shoot right on with less recoil and tighter patterns. HMB

PS - You will also save money by using less of that expensive powder.

18. racer

racer TS Member

Well I'm convinced!

Dennis- if you are seeing chips while setting POI,your not there yet. When the POI is dead on, you will see black circles about the size of garbage can lids hanging in the air. Have fun, Dan

19. racer

racer TS Member

My XT will put 99+% into a 50"x50" pattern board. Once in awhile a few bb's are missing, but I think they get vaporized going super sonic. Dan

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

CoughcoughblshtCoughcough!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini choke patterns