1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Caesar Guerini is getting POI fixed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

How do you know where it shoots, Gary? Exactly, of course as usual.

Neil

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Becareful of what you brag about on many occasions.

Don

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Neil, I guess the answer to your question is: because I shot an 84. I guess my guns need the POI raised then if that's how you determine POI!

4. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Boy you are lucky in the USA when it comes to getting what you want , fast...

After all of the negative comments about CG guns blowing up a while back , I decided to buy one turning a blind eye to the media...

I ordered a top single combo, and received an Unsingle instead...

They said they made a mistake and wanted to make things right...

That was nearly 2 months ago , Mar.24'th...

I called a few times and keep getting the same run around...

Sounds like I am now going to get the right combo set sometime late september..

I am pissed with having to wait 6-8 months just to shoot a CG for the first time ever , and am thinking of now upgrading to Krieghoff...

Anyone here know of a contact in Canada for K guns , as the CG gun suppliers in Canada are less than what it looks like you guys have there in the US...

When this problem happened , I was talking to Wes Lang in the US , and he seemed so helpful , but can't do a thing for me here in Canada..

We doesn't have a gunshop here for a guy to go and try the various models of guns available and these higher end guns are non exestant here in Newfie for a guy to test drive..

I will keep folks updated of what eventully happens to this saga as I am looking for answers in the near day or two..

Dissatisfied so far with CG customer support..

Robert Appleby

( Newfoundlander )

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

6. KEN W.

KEN W. Member

Newfoundlander, thats the reason I went w/ Krieghoff. CG was good, but not good enough.

7. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Thank you MK for the link and advice,

I was contacted today by the rep for CG , we will see in a few days if things will work out...

In the meantime , I am going to do my homework on getting a K gun instead..

Robert

( Newfoundlander )

8. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Gary,

Could you please explain this sentence "I may have to go back to a 32" inch Bbl, they shoot higher?"

God Help Us,
    TNCoach

9. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Longshot, are you off your meds again?

EE

10. EE

EE Banned User Banned

This is the only thing that will fix that CG.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=215244

11. 2ndhandsmoke

2ndhandsmoke Member

Longshot,

You actually made me read your thread twice to see if your idiocy went away when I reread it the second time. Here are the reasons that you made no sense to me.

1. You believe that it is the gun's fault that you shot out of the 90's. (I will get to this more later in #7)

2. You believe that a 32" barrel will shoot higher than a 34" barrel, through "just mathematics" because the rib is higher so it is going to shoot higher

(which I could go along with if you simply cut off 2" of the rib and move the front bead back to a new point closer to the reciever, but they engineerd the rib to end that short so it would be compensated for, if I am wrong please show your "mathematics" as I will gladly sit and figure out your trig problem if you can prove your logic.)

3. You want a gun that shoots 18-20 inches high, but if CG makes it shoot 8" high for them, that will be more than adequate for it to adjust to your 18-20"
    (I am literally scrathing my head on this one but this must stem back to "just mathematics")

4. You can see a noticable difference (2") in height between 8's and 71/2's on a patterning board? I want to see Neil do a problem on this to prove you correct, because I think you are just flat out wrong.

5. You had a gun that you supposedly shot well with and you sold it to a friend, are you stupid? Have them buy another gun, that's like selling a your house to someone who likes it and you go and build the exact same thing again.

6. Where did the bragging come from about forcing cones and such, no one asked anything about that but you randomly start talking about these features?

7. After looking at your averages, did you ever think that the 84 was just a natural score to get you back to your normal shooting ability, looking at your scores (3) having 1 score outside of the 90's makes it sound like you are some great shooter but really, by average you would be more likely to shoot a score ouside of the 90's than in.

8. You and countless others have to get off the high horse about Cardinal

(Yes the facility and owner are great but aside from that I would rather go anywhere else in the country to shoot $30 targets than go down and listen to people talk up that facility as much as they do and see others close up.

Also for the record, I live in Ohio and only shoot Cardinal for the State Shoot, including not going to my zone shoot, because I would rather support the little clubs that Cardinal is basically shutting down but no one really notices that. As well as the people that would rather skip the World Championships and go to Cardinal to to more or less say F you to the ATA, which is the same organization that we are supposed to be supporting to keep facilities throwing registered birds all over the nation.

On another side note, how did the OSTA decide to add as south as Cardinal to the NE zone just to make it legit for Cardinal to host the NE zone shoot when there are other clubs, including the one that has not hosted the Zone since Cardinal opened, willing and able to run the shoots?

Aside from these statements, good shooting in Vegas and I hope that you and your gun work out your differences and you shoot it great until another friend wants to buy it and you sell.

Chris

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Get an old timer to bend the barrel? I heard that was the way it used to be done and worked well.

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What Chris said and very well I might add.

Don

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Chris, It should be no surprise that Cardinal is successful. The Ohio State Shoot has always been a big shoot,and Ohio has always had a fair number of competitive ATA shooters. When the Grand was moved to Sparta, it forced the OSTA to man up and find an new location. We were fortunate to end up with the facility we have.

There is no dispute that the Grand had to be moved. Done deal. But don't claim that the Ohio shooters are giving the ATA the finger. Don't lump everyone together, or make assumptions. I'm sure the ATA did not expect something like Cardinal to happen. Hell, I KNOW the OSTA didn't expect it till Mr. Fishburn came into the picture.

We don't hate the ATA or Sparta. We just have other options that are as convenient, friendly, and entertaining as Sparta.

I personally think this sport needs some changes. 35% of our shooters are vets or Senior Vets. 20 years ago it was closer to 5%. Declines in attendance can be for various reasons.

15. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I hope that the one you sold was not the one that shot 19" patterns at 40 yards. If so, your buddy will probably sell it to some gun or choke manufacturer as an R&D tool for way more money than he paid you.

I am not sure if the gun that shoots the highest right out of the box is always the best for everyone. If it were don't you think other makers could make that feat happen?

16. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Gary,

I hate to dash your hopes, but you've sold your magic gun and it can never be recreated by the hand of man. Your old gun was as unique as you are and if you think that CG or any other manufacturer can duplicate it - Good Luck.

A great barrel man could fix your CG and make it shoot where you want it, but don't hope CG can help you here unless they use Neil's tree.

Why didn't you take it to Eyster?

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

17. Borderland

Borderland Member

Maybe CG is just going to raise the rear sight(comb)
    Ken

18. EE

EE Banned User Banned

brent375, I forgot about the 19" pattern. Thanks for reminding me; I needed a good laugh today.

EE

19. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

(deleted)

20. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Why is this a surprise to no one?

EE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.