1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My BT100 shoots left

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nickster, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickster

nickster TS Member

I had suspected it, after shooting the gun for about a year. A while back I finally was able to get to the range and pattern it. With the factory IM choke it shot about 70/30 high and about 60/40 left at 35 yards. It did this with a couple different ammos and even with a different IM choke. The bore looks straight and the rib looks good. Can this be fixed? And, who does this work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

2. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

You can get a special choke from Briley that should correct the problem. You need to talk to them, telling your problem. Ron

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Nickster,

Before spending money on a custom choke tube, go see a gunfitter to make sure that the gun is set up proper. You wouldn't believe how much an improperly fitted gun will throw off a pattern!

ec90t

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

"about 60/40 left at 35 yards" That doesn't tell much even from a bench. Do a POI search here and see how it's done.

5. R. Hausburg

R. Hausburg TS Member

Does you BT have an adjustable comb? Off setting it usually solves this problem
    Ray

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would suggest you take the barrel and put it in a vise type object and bend the barrel until it begins to shoot straight and with this method you can also adjust how high or low its shooting as well.

Ya know you can also just compensate and ... well ... 60/40 is almost perfect and should still bust any bird your aiming at but you could just aim a little right of each bird as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.