1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My BT-99 combo and UPS, Update, Pictures

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Google ART'S Gun Shop and watch the videos that show how they fix Browning salt wood guns. I would think that gouge should be an easy fix. Wayne

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You are very lucky John. On the 3200 I bought from Bill Grill they broke the stock in half at the pistol grip by crushing the box. Looked like they ran a forklift into or over it. The inspector took a long time coming out and I think it took Bill months to get his money however much that was

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I really want to wish you good luck with your claim. UPS would have to right to deny your claim, based on improper packaging. As nice as the Browning cases are, they are not really made to endure the rough handling that occurs during transit. Stuff gets tossed around at loading, unloading, forklifts run into and over stuff, and trucks wreck and overturn on highways.

There is a space on the UPS bill of lading when filled out, as to who packaged the freight, the shipper. This is an out for UPS. UPS might honor the claim for goodwill purposes. Some carriers pay small claims because it is cheaper than fighting it.

This is a bitter lesson you were forced to learn and I feel sorry for you. Maybe others can benifit from your sad experience. In the case of someone sending you something, I am not sure how anyone could control it. I am getting ready to ship a gun to a gunsmith for specialized repair, and will take even greater pains to protect it than I have done with other guns before. Please keep us posted.

4. d endicott

d endicott Member

I always take a pic of how it was package before I ship any more.

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

At the very minimum,you have to secure each & every part with bubble pack or some other thing to keep it from banging into another part. Then use a hard case. Then double box,triple is better. I recently sent a K-80 to a friend using a wood case over the Americase. I sent it Registered mail. This was actually $2.00 cheaper than UPS. I THINK it got a bit better handling because of the lock-up procedure with Registered.
    If we as individuals have such problems,then how do the mfg. & big distributers do it. How many broken guns do they get.
    Can someone out there tell us???

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I shipped a gun in an Americase and it looked better when it got there than when I shipped it ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.