1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Bill Cole #7 w/Maple wood

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pilotdan, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Thought you guys might like to see my Cole with Maple wood set. Sold gun years ago, and found it recently. Current owner let me have wood back to put on another Cole. I "almost" have my original back. (shoots just as good, though).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Would Cole#2 be of interest??? I have it.. and a myrid of barrels for it..including an adjustable rib model already fitted to it.. This gun was my model for the Titanium Cole I built..

3. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

PBB- I think I spoke with you awhile back while I was on the hunt for #7 and was still trying to get the wood back from the current owner of #54. At present, I've got my hands full, but would love an adjustable ribbed barrel.... if only..

Thanks,

Dan

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Would a 35" screw choke adjustable rib Cole #2 work for you.. Steel frame,titanium mono-block titanium trigger group..titanium forend iron assembly. $7500 cash money... You provide the wood.. Needs NOTHING..

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

It looks nice Dan and I like the Lucky serial number too.
    Don

6. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Zardz- Yes, I did shoot at Sac and Coon Creek. Lived in the area for years.(Rocklin). Moved to KY 3 years ago. Wally Merkely had the other Cole. He was a rice farmer out near Lincoln. Great guy. Squadded with him many times. He had #20 I think. It's in Ohio now.

Don- Good to hear from you. Yeah, it looks good. I'm pleased with the result. Had to send trigger out west to have worked. Thanks for all.

Dan

7. Butler

Butler TS Member

I have had trouble with the release trigger on my Cole since I bought it, who would u recommend I send it to to have it worked on, it has been worked on before, I need to find someone with a different approach Jim Butler

8. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Zardz- I live about 30 miles north of Lexington, in Cynthiana. We bought 24 acres of pasture and a beautiful home. Eventually, IF I retire, we plan to raise some Alpacas.(for breeding and wool). We love it here, wish we had done it 10 years ago. I work for a company in S.Indiana, and can access the office when needed, and drive or fly to see customers each week. The bluegrasss is awesome, and weather not as severe as Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, etc. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
    Dan
    Tammers- I see Ed Haley chimed in here. Ed just recent fixed my trigger that was converted back to pull from release. Did a great job, and knows his way around a Cole. Recommend him.

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I love Cole guns but darn that cheek piece is ugly!

10. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

11. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Ed Haley has done a lot of work for me and it's all been top quality.

12. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

PilotDan -
    Cole #7 looks great as a blond! Beautiful Dan. Makes my wood look pretty plain jane.

And I have no problem w/ the looks of the comb. It just happens to be on wrong side for me. lol

How does she shoot now w/ the trigger back to a pull? John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.