1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

my best friend was taken away yesterday

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sharkie, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

Yesterday my yellow Lab of 9 years passed away a slow hard death. She may haven't been the great hunting lab but she was my friend . After vet examined her he comfirmed she had be poisoned . She can not be replaced but guys be careful with the poisons you work with . We believe not knowing 100% that she had ate poison that a neighbor had set out for coyotes . I think the Lord we dont know . She never left the property .

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling ... lost two friends this past year. Litter mates a brother and sister, 13 years old.

The pain subsides and you remember the good days.

Bob

3. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Just a slight word of caution. My uncle had to do the same thing but the difference was he was washing his car and had a little bleach in the water. The dog (a chow) kept drinking the water. Turns out bleach, no matter how little the quantity is highly toxic to dogs. I'm sorry you lost your dog. I hope time helps you find peace in knowing she's no longer suffering.

Luvn

4. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Oh how awful, I am so sorry for your loss. Kim

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Losin a buddy is tough on anyone that loves their friends and we feel your pain.

Hap

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

My condolences for the loss of your good friend. If we were 1/2 the person our dog thinks we are, the world would be a much better place.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. The pain will subside remember the good times that you and your friend shared

8. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss!! I have a black lab that will be an amazing 16 years old if he makes it to december--I don't think he will--this one will be very tough like your loss.

9. mike c

mike c TS Member

I know the pain as many of us do, just lost my buddy of 14 tears a couple of weeks ago and i still cry over her loss. My heart aches for you.
    Mike C

10. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Sorry for your loss, I feel for you...Every time I read of someone losing his buddy, I get choked up about my lab being gone one day..I've heard getting a new puppy is the best, who know.....take care, Grubby

11. TC

TC TS Member

Sorry for your loss. Tony

12. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I know how hard it is, I lost my child with fur after 8 years 2 months ago, I still cry every day he was my very best friend and I wanted another 8 years with him. I got another dog right away to try and help the pain, he is a good dog but it does not take away the pain right away anyway. sorry you have to go thru this but sooner or later everyone does. It will get better I hope Take Care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.