1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My Beautiful Reloads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 87AA, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 87AA

87AA TS Member

The other day my bride calls to say that she is going out with the girls after work. At this point I have a choice to make. I could hit the town with the guys or do something a little more constructive. I choose the latter and decided to reload some shells.

Since I already have a few thousand rounds boxed and ready to go, I thought on this night I would do something interesting....individually weighed loads. After lining up 100 hulls I carefully measured, one at a time, the powder. Only precisely 19 grains would do, not 18.9 or 19.1...19!!!. I then used my single stage MEC to seat the wad. Exactly 1 ounce of shot was then measured for each load. As with the powder it had to be exact. .999 oz too light, 1.001 too heavy. After placing the shot in each of the hulls I used the beautifully adjusted MEC for the most perfect crimps.

In the end I was left with the most beautiful exhibition grade dummy loads. Why dummy loads you may ask...well you see like a F&^%ing idiot I neglected to deprime/reprime the F&^%ing hulls first!!!

Lesson to be learned here folks is to never pass up an opportunity to drink beer with your friends.

Cheers

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Have you tried them yet?

3. 87AA

87AA TS Member

MIA

I have tried them sweeeeeeeeeeet recoil.

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Gary THE Unloader sells a neat little gadget, his shell cutter, will let you cut the hulls apart, without ruining the wad.

So get one of those things, and reclaim the parts and try again.

I use my hull cutter to recycle the "DUMMIES" that I make or at least think I made when reloading, so far the shells I thought I screwed up and so I set aside, run about 30% were screwed up the rest were just fine. THE thing is I would rather recycle those 70% then not and miss ONE! dud or feeble load!

AL

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'll bet you don't even have to wear ear protection while shooting those shells. lol

Funny.........Thanks for sharing.

Don't be to worried about it, Shootlow does it all the time.....he just never brags about it.

Hauxfan!

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have done things like that all my life. Sounds normal to me.

Pat Ireland

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I have two hundred perfect appearing reloads, primer, wad, shot, perfect crimp. Guess whats missing:). To err is human.

Robert

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Look at it this way, these 100 nice pretty shells will last indefinetly :)

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yep, we hav e all done things like that, some just dont admit it. "UNLOADER"?? I though everyone had at least two?? Great tool if you dont have one, you need it.

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

boy,,you got balls as big as Montana,,,I would NEVER tell anyone that,,,

11. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

go to sears buy a plastic pipe cutter 10 to 12 bucks much easier

on the hands i know

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

be sure to give 3 to your next shooting buddy running a long run.... ;-)

13. psfive

psfive Member

Cheer up I did the very same thing on purpose. I use them for how to load and unload a shotgun at hunter education class. If you know a hunter ed instructor see if he could use some of them. Really they work great. Make your effort pay off, after all your not out that much cost wise. Paul

14. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Next time you go to the range, drop some in shell bags, now we know who has a bad flinch.......GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.