1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My apology---

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

It seems I have an abrasive personality that some people find distasteful, I will do what ever I can do, I will try to correct any thing that some shooters don't like.---I'm a stand up guy---I can take any & all criticism.---Did ok living under water as long as 86 days.---Please do me a favor, & give me some corrective criticism---I can't fix anything until I'm made aware of the problem--thanx---Phil

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Under water for 86 days explains allot Phil, especially to this old retired skimmer Chief.

For the naval service challenged rest, Sub-sailors need more love than most--be gentle.

Guy Babin

CTMC(SW) Ret.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You have already started to fix it with your apology

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Phil ... like a politician would say you can please some of the people most of time and most of the people some of the time but you will never please everyone all the time or something like that line of hoooey.

Be yourself, do not go out of your way to be something different and try and please those who might take offense or have a problem with what you say. Do not be purposely harmful or abrasive but be yourself. If there are those who do not like it just remember that it is there problem not yours. There are many out there that take this and other places as there own little personal connection with the outside world because they themselves are abrasive in person and nobody in real life will talk with them so ... this is there place to be somebody and ... well ... ignore most of it because some will scream louder than a whiny baby so that they have something to say and they will try and attack anyone that ... well just ignore it all and be yourself.

Take this all and ignore it if you desire but as long as your not actually trying to be an abrasive penile object than just be yourself but be careful at times ... sometimes it is far better to think and rethink something your going to say and then realize it is better just to say nothing ... yeah like I should listen to myself on that sometimes.

5. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

chatbrat.........you from NC???

6. Juno

Juno TS Member

Phil, your not here to say what people want to here, nor are you all the time going to. I don't know what it was that caused you to lose a nights sleep but it wasn't worth it. It was obviously someone whose opinion you respected. They do this $hit from time to time. Keep treadin water Pally and don't let the b@$t@rds get ya down.

Juno

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

Some on here have made fun of my sign on name which makes no difference to me what so ever and sometimes i dont spell certain words--big deal-- My sign on name is what i collect-- "nipper" is/was the dog in victor phonograph/rca radio adds and some of the early-prior to 1927 items are very very valuable including all the early outside horn phonographs. i have tons of the advertising items from the early stores and such, so to clear it up,this is how i came up with my sign-on name and if someone dosent care for it,i could care less,and have a great day because i sure will. If i dont agree with some comments i will give my point of view,some people like rush limbaugh while others like neal bortz etc. etc. Im off to dinner and shooting at the club tonight.

Bill Hodges

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Now take this as humor, I asked an old Boomer Master Chief if it was true that 250 men went down in a sub , and 125 couples came back up? His answer ? Where do you think we get Marines? LOL

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It sure as hell isn't from 2 swabs holding hands.

Don

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, ChatBrat, but I can't forgive you until you insult me.

But you have to do it really good, cause I'm sort of thick skinned after being on this site a long time.........

Give it your best shot!

Hauxfan!

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

"I will due whatever I can do", please correct your spelling. It should be "do", not "due". I hope this helps. HMB

12. Golfbcc

Golfbcc TS Member

Phil,

Nice job. Us bubbleheads have to stick together.

Steve Bigras YN2(SS) USS Trepang SSN 674 FEb 77- Aug 80

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Bubbleheads ... now all I can think about is big round headed people.

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

hmb- The first line in your above post is not a grammatically complete sentence. I hope this helps.

Pat Ireland

15. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Phil, Take nothing you read here personally. There is also no requirement for correct spelling or grammar. However, like the clothes you choose to wear (or the uniform you proudly wore), people get an impression. Taking a minute to recheck your spelling/grammar helps the impression you give and also your credibility. No big deal however, it's only a forum in cyberspace.
    Mike M IC3, USS Galveston 1959/1961.

16. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Phil, you don't owe an apology to that jerk. I know Phil and would welcome shooting with him anywhere anytime. Nice guy period. I might add, I do not know who the person is that bad mouthed him. I'm sure he is to be ignored. J.Woolsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.