1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My answer to Ford, Chevy & Chrysler....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ysr_racer, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Screw them, I bought a Lexus last week. Better car, better dealership, better warranty.

Ford, Chevy & Chrysler? Good riddance to bad garbage.

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I tried to help them out. I bought a new GMC Sierra yesterday. As long as I have a nickle to spend on gas it's going into an American made vehicle, and yes I shoot an American made trapgun also. J.Woolsey

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You sure it's made in America? Did you check the VIN number to confirm it wasn't made in Mexico?

4. Loyac

Loyac Member

After 1 AMC, 4 GM's and 1 Ford, I bought a SUBARU. I'll NEVER go back. John

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Brian, as a matter of fact, yes I did check it before buying. it was built at the Ft. Wayne In. plant. I try to buy American as much as humanly possible. It is becoming increasingly difficult. I just want to keep as much in circulation here as possible. J.Woolsey

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

LET'EM FOLD.....
    For the last half of the 20th century....the "Big 3" engaged in an unholy alliance with the UAW. They "negotiated" contracts that were CLEARLY not realistic, nor sustainable. The "deal" was...screw the American people..they don't have any real choice but to buy our products at our prices. Well folks...(to quote a famous Democrat) ..."Their chickens have come home to roost". Welcome to the 21st century...we HAVE a lot of options. The BIG PROBLEM( for the Democrat perty at least...) is that our automotive options aren't built by members of the UAW. For all I care...those union people can go make over-priced buggy whips. The CEO'S of those bloated corporations can fly around in their private jets 'til they run outta gas and crash. Time to move on, and put that whole bunch out to pasture...UNFORTUNATELY...the Democrat party has some serious payback obligations to Big Labor...and they plan to use OUR tax money to do it. Bunch of ...well, being a gentleman,,,I can't say it here.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A lot of people don't realize that Subaru is probably one of the best cars made today

8. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

I know a lot of people don't care if they fold but that would be a huge job loss for the US economy that is already struggling. A lot of the suppliers for the big 3 also make parts for Toyota, Honda, etc.... They would also have massive layoffs and possible closings and most of those workers are non union and earn less than half of what most UAW workers make. But giving them money to burn though isn't the answer either. They really need chapter 11 bankruptcy so they can restructure and become more efficient like the foreign automakers and rid themselves of the outrageous amounts being payed out to pensions and rework the UAW contracts which have them in the shape their in. How can you make any money when your having to discount the hell out of your products just to get rid of them and your paying top dollar to your employees. Then you have companies like Toyota and Honda paying a lot less for labor and selling their product at a premium price. No wonder the big 3 are in trouble. I saw a Chevy Tahoe the other day that said $20,000 off sticker on the windshield. Thats proabably close to half off. You just can't sustain a business doing that. When is the last time you saw anything like that on a Toyota windshield. They generally don't over produce their vehicles and have dealers busting at the seams with cars and trucks that dont sell. They use a pull system when it comes to production and The big 3 use a push system.... meaning they produce vehicles then hope to sell them. The pull system makes vehicles as they are ordered. I worked for Toyota for a few years and now I am working for Subaru and I can say that even though people consider them foreign cars they really are as american made as most traditionally American brands are. I'm sure a lot of profits do go to Japan but they are still employing a lot of americans. Would you rather give me money to GM or Ford so they can put up some more factories in Mexico. Would you rather have a Toyota Tundra built in Texas or a Chevy Avalanche made in mexico? By the way I hope John enjoys his new Subaru. Subaru is a pretty small company compared to most and we rely on repeat buyers for a over half our sales. I hope you never do go back. I wish more people would try them out because they are tuff cars in all kinds of weather. Ok enough of a sales pitch.........But if anyone is considering buying a Subaru let me know...... I'll give my fellow trap shooters my friends and family discount...

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Normally I'm a free market guy, but you can't allow an industry to fold - the ripple effect would definitely plunge the economy into a depression, and the government would end up paying 10s of billions in welfare-type compensation anyway.

Many of us have talked about WPA type programs - I would rather pay someone to do a job and reap some a benefit (job, buy groceries, buy utilities, pay bills, pay some taxes etc...) than get absolutely nothing in return...

OK... so lets say we kick millions out of work where are they going to get employed - Nissan, Toyota, Suburu - I don't only think so... and when they can pay their mortgages, rent, buy groceries, medical insurances, etc...

Come on guys look at the much bigger picture and how embedded this country is...

That said, I liked the $1 compensation idea.

Jay

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It is not our individual answer that counts, the American public has been answering this thread for years & Detroit refused to to listen. They thought of us not as customers but as sheep to be sheared. Once shame on you, twice shame on me--three times won't happen. Tried to buy a domestic vehicle, but the old school lies & deception that are taught @ various dealerships wouldn't work on the educated consumer. Saved $3000.00, bought the car on line & got a vehicle that fits my personal needs. The topper was I was out of the dealership & drove the car literally out of the showroom in under an hour.

Lou

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Was listening to the news yesterday and they were going on and on about how cars weren't selling. They talked about how many thousands of them were sitting in Long Beach, racking up storage fees (sob) and no trucks coming to pick them(whine). I thought it was funny since these are the same outfits that never forget to tell you that their plants are here in America, creating American jobs. As Bill Clinton said, "S*ck on this!"

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

You can bitch all you want,,but thoses commies in congress are gonna give them the cash,,,pay back for the union vote,,,All this dancin around is just to make us feel good for awhile,,,,bastards!!!!!

13. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

I have owned 16 cars in my 65 years years. 5 GM, 7 Chrysler,1 Jeep 1 VW,1 BMW, 1 Porsche (OLD). I am currently looking for a replacement for my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, my other current car is a 3 series 2004 BMW.

From a maintenance stand point the best of the bunch were a 92 OLDS Cutlass , they quit making them ,and 4 Chrysler K cars I had in the 80s 90s.Went over 150,000 miles in all of these.

From a driving stand point the BMW tops them all,including a 1977 Porsche911S, but it was expensive ,and while not much has gone wrong in 83K miles when it does it's a lick. The jeep has been a good car except for the cooling system, about $3000 in repairs over the years.

As I ride down our local "new car dealer blvd" the choices are overwhelming. A lot simpler when there were only the big 3 and VW.I am going to go drive a Ford just to see if I can help those guys out, and I kind of like the looks of the Ford Edge ; but my bride who drives the Jeep, is anti Ford because of some that her family had.The jeep replacement is her car.

I do intend to buy what I perceive to be the best value for my money and that is looking like a Toyota or Lexus. We'll see.

Jim

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

"I would rather pay someone to do a job and reap some a benefit (job, buy groceries, buy utilities, pay bills, pay some taxes etc...) than get absolutely nothing in return..."

That's why welfare should be a work program, not a freebie. How about them working for Obama's proposed community service program?

P.S. I STILL have not decided where I stand on the bridge loan issue. Still gathering information. There are good points on either side.

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If it is really a bridge loan. Let them have it. But if it is a light at the end of the tunnel--it could be a freight train heading right for you---no use postponing an inevitable demise.

Lou

16. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I hope the big three get flushed down the toilet, and take that festering leach (the UAW) with it.

The UAW has done more damage to the US auto industry than the Japanese ever could.

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

OICU812
    I agree with you. What you see on tv is not what is going on in the back room.
    They have no choice. The crooked political machine of Illionis and the Mob run UAW have already made deal with the Oboma people early on in this campain and their is no backing out now. Another free ride but only for a little while and then we are all going down. B12

18. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

let the auto workers work for a decent wage like I do(25k) or less a year maybe I can the afford to support them,other wise guess I will continue driving my used Hyundia!!!!!

19. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I have bought 2 new GM vehicles since May. A Malibu and a GMC Sierra last week. The Malibu has 21,000 on it already and has been flawless. I love that car. The wife drives the truck and hasn't had anything but good to say.

The Sierra is loaded, with everything but leather, and with rebates, incentives, and GMS, we got that truck for 23,000.00. How can you beat that? It's a half ton, 4x4, ext. cab, with the 5.3.

If the money from US, you and me, is a loan, then fine. But the damn UAW better make some serious concessions for the health of their future.

My grandfather retired from AC Delco in 1980. My Grandmother was just telling me last night that as of the first of the year, their healthcare coverage will be dropping to a lesser quality plan. They will be paying more out of pocket. That goes for their dental also.

My mother works for a supplier to all of the big three, and each one of them is currently on credit hold. It's a credit card or a bank check, or no parts.

20. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

Maybe China will buy it with their pocket change.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/breaking-news-chinese-may-buy-gm-and-chrysler/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.