1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My 870 Comp for sale on Gunbroker

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rexxon631g, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

0   0   0

My 870 Competition Trap for sale on Gunbroker # 175579846 Great gun in great shape.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

why don't you post some photos here?? It makes it easier to take a peek.

3. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

0   0   0

I can try, I get a buddy to list on ebay for me as I am not that great at downloaded photos but I'll try. Thanks Rex

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rex, I could be proven wrong but I think you would see more action on your GB listing if you lowered your mimimum bid a little. $700 is the most one of those guns brings these days and then it has to be perfect with very nice wood. Yours fits that description but that amount might be a hair high for a starting bid. I think your gun is worth and will bring $700 but it's probably not going to attract bidders with that as a starting bid.

I've purchased three 870 Comps in the past four months and I paid $540, $600 and $700 for them. All are in very good condition; one was hardly used.

Just the opinion of one GB buyer and 870 Comp fan...

Ed

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What is a 870 Comp.?

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The 870 Competition Trap was a version of the 870 trap gun line that was made for five years back in the 1980s. They had a gas-assisted recoil reduction system consisting of a weight that hung under the chamber end of the barrel and slid into the magazine tube. Gas pressure blew it backward and a spring much like the normal 870 magazine spring propelled it forward again. Because the recoil reduction system occupied the magazine tube, they were pump-operated single-shot guns.

They had stocks that were shaped unlike any other 870's, with straight combs that were higher than other 870 trap combs, making the guns shoot quite a bit higher than a TA, TB or TC. The pistol grip was fuller and checkered with the same pattern as the 3200 Competition Trap. Their triggers were hand-assembled and specially tuned. Their barrels were overbored to .743"-.745" and had fixed chokes that ranged from 0.38" to .040" of constriction. Many people believe those barrels were Remington's best work. The receivers were gloss-blued with the top surface bead-blasted to a non-reflective matte finish. The guns were heavier and cost more than an 870TC, their closest appearance competitor. They were not a sales success, so Remington discontinued them.

They have a sort of "cult" following to this day that seems to have strengthened in numbers lately. If you like a pump trap gun and need less recoil, they are the way to go. Shooting one feels and sounds like shooting a pump-action 1100. They are very muzzle-heavy; I have almost a pound of weight in the stock of the one of mine that I shoot to balance it out.

Ed

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Might ad that the gas piston is noisy for some(me included), I bought Tom Morton recoil reducer and it does the same thing but is even noisier for the reg 870. What Ed said about the guns are very true, you will smoke targets from the fence like a super duper high cost gun.

8. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

0   0   0

Yes I agree it is priced right at where it should sell, it really is in great shape and I am being conserative on the 95%. The recoil system on these guns works well and helped me with my neck problem. I have never had a shotgun ( and I have had a few to many) smoke targets like this gun does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
870 comp for sale

870 comp trap guns for sale comp

870 trap guns for sale comp