1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My 19.6 Promo 7/8oz shells.. Recoil

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Andy44, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I agree with you one this one! Unbelievable results anywhere on the field! In a practice round today after shooting 100 H-caps at the CA State, I crushed 24 of 25 from the 27 yd line using 7/8 of 8's pushed by 19 gr Promo and DR-XXL wads. Most were simply dust!

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I'm not recomending this for competition but agrulla makes a 5/8 oz load that we were playing wit at a Harlan Champbell clinic i brought a few of them and we were breaking targets at 27 yrds with them if you did your part.
    Joe goldberg

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Andy, when you broke your 100 from the 27 at the California State Shoot, what shells did you use? And will you use 7/8 oz shells next year?

Neil

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Neil, I shot a hundred targets from the 30 yard stripe a while back.

But,, I only broke a few? :) Hap

5. Neil Winston

What are you getting at, Hap? Have I misunderstood Andy's post?

Neil

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I didn't BREAK 100 at H-cap.....I actually shot a 95, and that was with my 85TSS. My practice round was afterward with my newly removed forcing cone BPS Trap. Just wanted to see if I could tell a difference, since I always practice with 7/8 oz of #8s.

7. Neil Winston

Sorry, Andy, I see I did misunderstand. Am I right that your BPS has about a 0.725 bore? Do you attribute any of the good performance of these loads to that tighter bore and the subsequent good bore sealing in spite of the lighter shot-charge?

Neil

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Neil-
    My bore size is .738, and this gun with a .035 Comp-N-Choke has always hit the birds real hard. But, it has a chamber for 2 3/4" shells only, so removing the forcing cone was IMHO a no-brainer. Looking to make it softer shooting, as well as impoving patterns. I think I like the results! AndyH

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

So, if I wanted to break a 100 from 27 in a Championship Event at the Grand, what would be recommended?

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

BigM, For your scenario, I very strongly recommend whatever you have confidence in - and non other.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

11. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Gotta go with that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.