1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

My 14 yr old son shot his first ATA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

He has been shooting for the school jr's for two seasons now and asked if he could try a registered shoot. He was very nervous he said and also added.."I am going to get polverized by these guys". Well he shot a 84/100 and was all smiles! :) He generally only shoots about that or lower but with being nervous and his first time he did well. BTW, for all the fathers that shoot with your sons the feeling you get as a dad while your son is on the post next to you and shooting well is very satisfying. I think the seriousness of a registered push's people to be more competitive and do there very best. My son is hooked and asked when the next one was before this one was over.

I hope he enjoys many years of shooting even after I am long gone and remembers back to these good days shared with a son and father.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Take him to the biggest shoot(s) you can, and his nervousness will dissipate. Good on ya, Dad.

3. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

It's even nicer when your 14 year old son whips you in singles and takes his class. When my son took his class (D) and got his first buckle, it was a red letter day for both of us. I'm grateful for the good times we have together shooting. I wish you and yours all the best.

4. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Himark,

Cost of shoot plenty of $$$, memories and good times "Priceless"

Good luck to you both, life is short enjoy every moment you can with your kids.

Regards,

Release Trigger..............

5. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations to both of you, good job! Tony

6. Ted

Ted TS Member

15 years ago our 2 sons shot trap. It was expensive but my wife always says that it was cheaper than drug rehab! SO, keep it up and best of luck ! Ted TenBroeck

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Congratulations to both you and your son. I only wish I could have shot with either my son or daughter when they were young. The area school system that my children attended, poisoned their outlook towards guns of all types. Made me and everyone else who enjoys the shooting sports look like serial killers because we enjoy a sport that involves us using some type of gun.
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.