1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX8 Owner "MAP"?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

MX8 Owner

I just purchased an MX8 Combo from Gunbroker.com, and now that I have recieved it, I noticed that the initials "MAP" are stamped on the reciever and the barrels. Anyone know this person? I just wanted to get some history on the gun. It is a 34 Unsingle with a 29.5 O/U..lb

2. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

MX8 Owner

lb,

If the "MAP" letters are about 1/8" tall and stamped on the monoblock, I think what you are seeing are part of the manufacturer's stampings. There should be other small stampings on the monoblock, two letters inside a small box will determine manufacture date.

MAP roughly translates to Manufacturer Armi Perazzi.

Please post a pic of what you are asking about to make sure.

Don Rackley

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

MX8 Owner

Awesome...That "MAP" is the same as mine (5 digit serno)...All happy now! THanks Guys....lb

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

MX8 Owner

What gun on gunbroker. The only one I see that has sold has an aftermarket unsingle barrel. Jake

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

MX8 Owner

MAP guy is a cartographer working for DeLorme in Ma. I believe. Ain't no Italian cartographers since Amerigo the mapmaker died. That's what Jon Lovitz told me anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.