1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mx8 not cocking, help please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mr.mark, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Marcello mx8 trigger, functional out of gun.

When placed into receiver and action opened...it lacks another 1/8inch to cock the hammers with action fully open.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mr. Mark

2. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Try this picture again......

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This situation could happen to factory triggers too, the cocking feet / bar is not long enough.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If you build up the cocking foot area where it makes contact with the cocking bar about 1/16" by tig welding would fix this.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Depending on how old the gun is you may need to replace the cocking bar. I have had this problem before and a new cocking car fixed it.

Tom

6. 2oneight

2oneight Member

Hi,
    I have a related problem with a Marcello trigger-no problem cocking the gun, but the ejectors do not work. They work fine with my "Perazzi" triggers. Did all the usual stuff-thoroughly cleaned the ejector sears and put in new ejector trip rods, but the problem persisted, until I increased the right angle bend at the end of the trip rod ever so slightly. Just wondering if what I did is OK-in meantime, using other trigger and original trip rods . Anybody have any thoughts.
    Thanks
    DrSam

7. dward

dward Member

By the case color on the receiver I'm assuming it's a type three. I have a type three and a type two comp one and they can't use the same trigger. One under cocks and the other over cocks the others trigger. If you change anything in the receiver it will affect how your other triggers function in the gun. You probably need a bigger cocking shoe that will push the hammer farther back. You can add on to the one you have....but it would probably be easier to get a new cocking shoe that is too big and size it down.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd suggest discussing this with whiz or Marcello...

9. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

From that pic it appears the trigger assembly is not fully seated into the gun. You may have to do a little fitting work first. Then try swapping the cocking feet with a set that works in the gun. Easy enough to change and there can be a lot of variation in these parts. GAP

10. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Thanks for the help.

I didn't even notice the sear viewing holes weren't lined up.

I'll try fitting the trigger in further and see if that fixes the problem.

You know the ejectors aren't working either, if this doesn't fix those I'll look into the angle of the trip rod.

Thanks again,

Mr. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.