1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX8 Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dale in CA, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale in CA

Dale in CA TS Member

I have a early model MX8 combo #46232.I only started shooting 4 months ago after shooting browning combo for 23 years.I have been reading about all the updates that need to be done on this gun.the gun is all original all # match and other then some bluing wear and a gracoil installed the gun is in good condition with both triggers and original case.Question is is the gun worth spending the money on for all the updates or should i go looking for a newer perazzi or ljutic.I need something that will serve me well as retirment is just around the corner and i wount be in a position to spend alot on repairs or alot of maintance other then mormal things.I really dont need a combo as the over and under barrel is in good shape except for a really bad forearm.Any input or opinions on this would be appriciated as this being i never owned a perazzi or a ljutic or krieghoff. Thank you.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Dale.....

I shoot an older Perazzi DB-81 Combo that I have completely rebuilt and would do it again if I had to. It is an early 1980's gun. I have had the MX-3's, MX-15's, TMX's, and the TM-1's. All were great guns. If your MX-8 is basically sound, as it seems to be, it should not need anything out of the ordinary. You could send it to Giacomo, in New York, and have it completely rebuilt, front to back, for less than $1000.00, providing there are no major problems with the gun. My vote would be to keep the gun, spend what you need on it, and enjoy shooting it for the rest of your life. Compare your gun to a new MX_8 combo set costing in excess of $8000.00 and you can see you have a great gun that will last a long time at a great price....Just my opinion....Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.