1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX8 B what does the B stand for

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dutchman1968, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

Can someone tell me what the B stands for on the MX8 B . how is it different from just a MX8 ? Thank you Troy

2. kgw

kgw TS Member

The "B" stands for Bunker or "Birds", the gun is set up to shoot Intl. Bunker/Trap or Pigeon shooting, it has a fixed full choke on the top bbl. and a screw in bottom choke, a little higher stock, otherwise it's the same gun.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

As I understand the 'B' designation means that there is a choke tube in the bottom barrel only. Typically the upper barrel is a Fixed Full Choke.

This is one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Should have bought one of these when the came on the market about 10 years ago. Perazzi dumped a bunch of these with 30" barrels and a flat rib in the us for ridiculous low prices. I had friends buy brand new in the box MX8B's for less that $4k. If you bought them at the Grand that year Perazzi even did a custom fitted stock for free!

Tom

4. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

I think the one I was looking at has chokes in both barrles and has a flat rib ,31 1/8 barrel and of course non selectable trigger ser#1121xx , what was the year made? They want 5000.00, nice wood

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Be careful as it appears that someone has choked the top barrel and I suspect it does not match the bottom barrel. It was common to have someone add a srewup to the top barrel but it will different that the Perazzi choke in the bottom.

TB

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Not sure about Perazzi serial numbers, but for most of the other Italian makes, you have to look at the proof mark to establish year of manufacture.

Two letters in a rectangle, usually on the bottom of the monobloc.

Look at the thread "WTS MX10RS O/U" and look at the 11th photo (if I counted correctly) where it has a stamping of "CB" in a little rectangle.

There's a secret decoder chart somewhere that tells you what year.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Your MX-8B is a 1998 production. This particular gun shouldn't have factory choke tubes in top barrel. If it does, it was threaded afterward.

There're no absolute logic in Perazzi model numbers. "L" is a perfect example of multiple meanings. "C" is the only one that we know it's meaning for sure.

Usually "B" means flat (or low) rib. Perazzi made MX-3B & MX-8B.

MX-3B were mostly skeet model, MX-8B were either Bunker or pigeon guns.

MX-3B has flat springs, but MX-8B has detachable trigger with coil springs. 99% of the original production ones were 29.5" flat rib with top full and bottom chokes.

This was my very first shotgun that leads me into the wonderful world of shotgun sport. When I first started on TS.com, my sign on name was MX-8B.

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

And I thought that it was the designation for a "Basso" rib as opposed to the A or "Alto" rib.

Ed Yanchok

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The MX-3B is second design Perazzi, the locking lugs are different, look at another MX-3 and then the MX-3B the locking lugs are different if my memory serves me right.

Thy MX-3B is more of a prefferred model.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

the b has detachable COIL springs.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Perazzi never publically addressed the angle on the locking bolt..They just changed it to one ground at a better angle if the gun opened up.. My MX8B in Italy has screw chokes top and bottom.. and flat tapered rib..

The MX3B was flat rib..

Anyone who has figured out the Perazzi letter code for naming guns.. or barrels.. PLEASE let us know what it is.. It seems ever changing..with no rhyme or reason.. All Good.. Mike

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Now, if I could just read Italian, maybe this would help.

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Whiz, you can find the English version of proof marks in the back of Blue Book. Page 2251 in 30th Anniversary edition.

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Sigla means abbreveation, Anno means year.

Eric

15. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The B designation stands for "Beginner".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 8 b

perazzi mx8 b

perazzi mx8 b prices
perazzimx3b
perazzimx3bserialno63103
what does perazzi mx8 bunker stands for
what dose bunker mean on mx8 perazzi
what is a perazzi m x 8b