1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX8-B or PerazziBigBore Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hooligan, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Guys I am really confused now. I have come across a "new" Perazzi MX5 Sporter.12g.
    According to Karl Lippard's book the MX5 was only made from 1985 to 1986.
    This gun has matching Serial Nos.119128 and is Proof Marked BS (2002). It has a fixed trigger group and coil springs. Does that mean the gun was still in production in 2002. I also know the location of an MX2 which is Proof Marked 2003.
    I have tried to include some photos and hope the link works. Your advice will be much appreciated as usual.
    Barry

2. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Only one image appeared so am trying another.
    Barry

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

I will get this right in the end.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

I know that the MX5 was offered later than than 1986. I recall that a friend purchased one direct from Perazzi USA in the late '90's.

I suspect Lippard's book may be wrong on this subject.

You trying to sell this gun/ If so give more information as I might be interested.

Tom

5. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hooligan,

Can we see a picture of the side of the monoblock? The bottom view has some angled reliefs that do not appear on MX8 style monoblocks?

I also think Perazzi may have "re-introduced" the gun, therefore rendering Lippard's book to be not correct.

Don

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Mike- Go to google, and do a search for Wayback Machine (it'll be the 1st website listed). When you get to this site, put in Perazzi's website address. A page will come up with archived editions of their website over the past few years, from there you should be able to find the production lists you are looking for.

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't this bbl fit the older MX-3's...those without the cut? And wouldn't the receiver be just like the Grand Italia's?

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

All the info is really appreciated. MX-8B you are sure a mine of information and I reckon Mike might have had a few Perazzis thru his hands. I will try and get a pic of the side view of the monobloc just for interest and post it over the weekend coming. I wish it was an MX3 with a step rib!!!. Thanks again to all. Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.