1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX3 Stock with Soft Touch

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rick979, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! I bought 5 MX3 stocks and probably need only a couple. I have a good used MX3 stock with a Soft Touch conversion. It has a right hand palm swell. The wood is nothing special and shows handling and use but the stock is quite functional. LOP is 15". This came off a round monoblock gun and may require a little fitting to work on a "MX3 Special" or MX8 series guns. Bolts right up to an MX3. $495.00 plus shipping.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Palm Swell photo.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Rick. What is it that makes this stock differnet from other MX stocks? I interchange these stocks wiht minor fitting. The MX frame is saem at the joint irrespective of the differences in the receiver metal. This should bolt right on to a MX8 and be comparable height. I covet (and never sell) a MX stock that I have had on 3 or 4 MX guns, including the 3 and DB81, and MX8 metal.

Jack

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jack: Without uing photographs of the two "types" it is very hard to describe the differences. My confindence level on this stock or or any of my other MX3 stocks to fit an MX3 is 100%. Beyond that point I can not warrant it will fit other P guns without some "fitting". I talked with Giacomo and Dan Bonillas at the Grand in SA today and and they confirm there are subtle difference between an MX3 and MX8 series stocks. Next week I will be selling 2 original MX3 stocks with factory dimensions and uncut combs. That will leave me with 2 pristine examples for my collection. Thanks for the question Jack.

5. woodski

woodski Member

0   0   0

How much use has it had and could you post a couple more pics especially top of movable comb please? thanks, Bob

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am in San Antonio at the Southwest Grand so I can't add photos right now. The stock and "Soft Touch" are well used but with plenty of life left. The hydraulic cylinder is good as is the spring. Regular old Perazzi stocks are selling @ the Grand for $400-$550.00 and the ones with better wood figure are $1,000 on up. What does it cost to have a "Soft Touch" installed on a donor stock nowdays? After what I saw today I think this "veteran stock" is well priced.

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thanks Bob! Stock is sold!

9. woodski

woodski Member

0   0   0

No, Thank you Rick! It was a true pleasure to talk with you about this stock and purchase it, our common intrest in Perazzi MX3's,and I wish you the best and will definately be praying for your water problems on your ranch. I can't wait to get it and try it out. Thanks again, Bob W

10. woodski

woodski Member

0   0   0

Hey Rick, I got the stock and installed it today. Going to the club tomorrow to try it out on sporting clays course first then trap range. I will keep you posted. Thanks again, Bob W

11. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

KEEP YOU HEAD ON THE WOOD AND SMOKE 'EM!!!!... Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.