1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX3 Special repair question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RJoe, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJoe

RJoe TS Member

Haven't been on this site in a while, went back to archery. I would like a little help with a MX3. The top single doesn't fire occasionally because the cut for the lip on the shotgun shell was cut to deep, and sometimes the firring pin loses energy pushing the shell forward. At least that is what Lucho at Parrazi USA in LA says is the problem. If the O/U barrels didn't work so well for sporting clays, I would have sold the gun years ago. Since I haven't shot the gun in at least 5 years I plan to send the gun in to fix the problem and then put it up for sale. My question is first who to send it to and second should I have it re blued to help sell it. How much are these selling for? Thanks in advance for the help, Rod Richardson

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rod.... It all depends on condition. CONDITION IS EVERYTHING! Depending on the barrel lengths, modifications done, stock and forend in excellent shape, and it has the internally selectable trigger, it could fetch $5000. If it's REALLY nice, $5500 or so. If it's just average, $4500, plus or minus a few bucks. It is really important to have the gun rebuilt before trying to sell it so you can get top dollar for it. As for the rebuild, I send my MX3 Special to Doug Braker, aka The Gun Dr. here on this site. Great work, reasonably priced, and quick turn around.He can also handle the re-blue job, and I would urge you to have it done. The nicer the gun is at resale time, the more it will command... Just my opinion.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. RJoe

RJoe TS Member

Thanks for the reply Dan.Your recommendation is pretty much what I was thinking. I'll probably dig the gun out, shoot one more round of sporting and then send it off to be dolled up. Thanks again for the help, Rjoe

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It's <I>Lucio</I> of <I>Perazzi</I> USA.

Send the gun to Kerry Allor. He can fix ANYTHING particularly having to do with a barrel. They don't call him "barrelmeister" for nothing. He's in South Shore MI.

How did the rim get cut too deeply? I have a special Perazzi rim cutter made by Clymer for Perazzi 30 years aog, that is made so that you cannot cut that rim beyond factory specs. Sounds like someone fitted an ejector and when they cut the rim of the new ejector, cut everyone wrong and didn't have the proper tools to do so.

WW

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I second doug braker. He straightened out others botched work on my gun......better than new

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.