1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX3 or MX3 Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 682b, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682b

682b Member

MX3 or the MX3 special. Why would I purchase one before the other? Thanks JIM

2. joehunter

joehunter Member

With a MX3 you can only have barrels from a MX5, MX6 and a MX7 fit to the gun, because of the round monoblock. On the other hand, a MX3 special you can have almost of the current barrels fit to the reciever like MX8, MX2000, MX10 etc. I have had both guns. They are both good and I never had a problem with either one. I currently have 2 MX3 Special combos. There are 2 MX3's for sale on the board right now, one is a combo. Hope this helps. You can PM if you have any other questions.

Joe

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The "round-mono" MX3 as a bit lighter in the receiver. And if the bbl is not modified (backbored) then the gun seems to have a more-like SBT feel. Meaning, if yo like the feel of Perazzi TM guns from a balance standpoint, then this MX3 will more closely replicate that. MikeTMX is correct, the original flaw in the gun is correctable with a Perazzi update. Then the gun is good to go as long as you lube it at pressure points as any other trap gun.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

All information is correct above.. and very well stated.. But I'll use the word dynamics.. The MX3 is by design a much quicker gun than the MX3 Special.AND the MX3 Special is lighter in weight than the MX-8 receiver.. To some people.. the difference is vast.. The MX3 was designed as a field gun.. and meant to be lightning quick..which it is.. Some say the design is not as strong as the MX3 Special (MX8).. but I have seen many with hundreds of thousands of rounds thru them.. and still going strong.. If you want a very fast doubles/bunker gun.. i'd certainly look into one.. Barrels are MUCH harder to get than the ones that fit a MX3 Special.. as there are not alot of rounded mono-block barrels around.. The square mono block sold much better.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.