1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX3 31.5

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by marotta, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marotta

marotta Member

0   0   0

I have an O/U MX3 31.5" barrel (not special) stamped C.C. Seitz at the bottom of the receiver that I no longer use and prefer to sell. It's a unique barrel that flows smooth from side to side and busts targets.

MX3 mono block has been the gun of choice by many great shooters like Harlan Campbell and Dan Bonnillas. Harlan shot his MX-3 in doubles for 20 years and had amassed many doubles titles with it. Bonillas went back to his after designing the DB81.

I purchased the barrel approx. 8 years ago and I did well shooting it, but doubles just isn’t my thing.

I do not have the receiver, it was not available when I purchased the barrel online when eBay permitted the online sale of gun parts.

I don’t have a picture of it but I can work on getting one posted with the help of a friend in the near future.

Not sure about the legality of selling these barrels online but I would appreciate some direction from those who have.

I’ll let it go to the highest bidder over $1,600 within 15 days from today unless I sell it sooner locally.

Thank you.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The bore and chokes would be useful information if you're wishing to sell the barrels.. All Good.. Mike

3. marotta

marotta Member

0   0   0

They were purchased ported from the factory I was told. Not sure How to measure the bore, I would need to procure a caliper or get a gunsmith to do it.

Stay tuned.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Well.. you're going to need some help figuring out what you have.. The only factory ported Perazzi barrels were the Tula choked skeet barrels.. On the MX3.. that would have been a flat rib.. and certainly under 31.5" in length..

You'll need a gunsmith with a bore gauge... or a visit to a machine shop could also yield the numbers people will need to know.. before they consider a bid..

Pictures are a vast aid in selling too.. All Good.. Mike

5. marotta

marotta Member

0   0   0

Thanks Mike will do As soon as I can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.