1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mx2l perazzi trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whim, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whim

whim TS Member

i have just recently purchased a perazzi mx2L and was wondering if their was anyone out their that might have any info on this perazzi model, as i don't see many of them here in the u.k. if any. And what was the thinking behind designing the gun to shoot top barrel first, when most of the other perazzi's with a non selective triggers shoot bottom barrel first as do most other gun manufactures
    many thanks simon young

2. DJSims

DJSims Member

The only logical reason I see to have a top barrel shoot first would be if the gun also had a top single barrel combo that needed a top trigger first.

Does the MX-2L have a removable trigger?

Doug Sims

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Simon. NO you have it all wrong. Trap guns (Perazzi and others) have always been a top first proposistion. Only since K80 came ontothe scene 25 years ago with an unsingle has thre beena change. Then the copycat procedure came into play. And one of the hottest guns on the market these days are the Perazzi TM9 in fixed rib and adj rib form and the CG top single. I do not know Kolar numbers or Krieghoff numbers but they seem to beselling their top bbl versions of hteir guns. So, top first is the norm and under bbl is a change that became popular. And fixed trigger is fine in a Perazzi. Their triggers are pretty bullet proof and the occasional inspection and/or lube is fine by taking the stock off.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Yes.. A MX2L is a high rib MX-8.. The L model has no sideribs and is quite fast.. and balance was designed for live bird and bunker shooting.. It shoots dead flat.. It has a drop trigger.. All Good.. Mike

5. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

The MX-8 combos had 2 sets of triggers, top first and bottom first. Bottom first for the O/U and top first for the top single barrel. I thought the first Perazzi with a single top first trigger were the original MX-3 combos. The O/U barrels were designed with the more open choke on the top barrel.

Trapshooterjoe: Could the tapered rib be for the Grand American? My Combos had tapered ribs on both the unsingle and the O/U. Always liked that rib as it brought your eyes out to the target. The only improvement that I would suggest to the K-80!

Gene

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-2 was more of a pigeon gun than Bunker, the top firing first trigger was based on the theory of top barrel firing will cause more muzzle rise being an advantage for second shot on rising pigeons out of the box.

MX-2L are MX-2 without the side rib for weight reducing. Don't confuse this "L" to the later "L"s in newer models, those means lux (engravings).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx2l

perazzi top barrel first
perrazi mx2l