1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX2G...Rem 1100-87 parts gun... F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Perfect SC stock, $175, Perfect SC Receiver with bolt $275, wonderful .730 bore bbl with Skeet choke $165, Great Timney All steel release with rare gold trigger blade $300. Forend is a "I do not know". But I believe it was sanded off and is in great working order. $75. Jack Send me a PM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shipping incl

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is that the version with the shorter mag tube and forend?

3. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Good question Brian. Never heard of such a thing. It is a 26" bbl.. $145 shipped now.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    MIA, pardon me for getting long winded and detailed. But here's the scoop on your gun.

A standard 1100/1187 mag tube is 11.5" long, measured from the face of the receiver to the end of the tube.

The 1187 Sporting Clays model had a shorter mag tube and forend. These mag tubes were approximately two inches shorter, so the mag tube as measured above should be around 9.5" long.

I'm pretty sure from counting how many vent slots there on on the rib that your barrel is one slot short for a standard gun. Therefore, given the Sporting Clays name, it should have the short mag tube.

Here's the good news. The barrel hanger (properly called the gas chamber) is in the same location as any other 1187. So this barrel will fit other 1187s and this gun should accept any other 1187 barrel, notwithstanding the issue of the light contour vs standard contour barrel, of course.

Here's the bad news. That forend is difficult to find. My advice is that it should be sold with the action.. Whoever buys that action is going to rue the day they did if the forend does not come with it.

If they can't find a Sporting Clays forend they'll have to take a normal length forend and cut it to length, then shape the end to match. This will put the cut into the checkering for most 1187 forends. (There is a possibility that this forend got such treatment, and the checkering was sanded off as a result.)

The original Sporting Clays model also had a light contour barrel. If that one says Light Contour on it, then it's probably original to the gun. If it is a standard barrel, probably not. And someone would have had to open the forend up to accept it. This would not be an issue because a light contour barrel will work in a standard forend.

The whole purpose of shortening the forend and using a light contour barrel was to make the gun more lively for sporting clays. It does save a little weight and it swings more like a 20ga. Relatively few of these guns were made, and they don't grow on trees.

The only lighter 12ga 1187 variations were the 1196 Euro model, which also had a short forend but also had the back of the receiver milled for more weight reduction, and the Upland model with short mag tube, English stock and 23" light contour barrel. In fact, if someone wanted to make a 12ga Upland model this would be the platform to start with. And with a light contour barrel it would also make a bit lighter trap gun without having to resort to a 20ga. 30" light contour barrels are still around.

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Great info Brian. I will take your advice and send the forend to the receiver buyer. Thanks a lot for taking the time to illustrate and help me an others come to a proper decision.

Jack

Bbl and receiver have been sold to different TS.comers

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

BBL and recvr w/forend. are on the way..

Stock is avail. Stock is perfect and unaltered. A SC stock.

$100 shipped

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

I believe 1100 sporting only come 28" and the 1187 sporting came 28 or 30" with
    low glare , not matte finish. This barrel must be from a field special purpose
    model? The choke tube was definitely an early 1187 sporting tube.

8. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Lugnatz. Ok, "Low Glare". Actually, I like the finish a lot.

9. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

someone please buy the timney trigger. $250 and the stock is orig. NO mods, no mars

10. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack please send be some better pics of that Trigger and I will give you back the bottle of wine I took out of you trailer at the 2007 Grand, when We never got to meet. Tony LOL
    seriously I am interisted in that trigger can you send more pics wareagle2017@yahoo.com

11. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Tony. Sorry I missed this earlier. I['ll do that today

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.