1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX2000S Release Trigger Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotist, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotist

shotist Member

I have just bought a new MX2000S with the trigger that is none removeable with coil springs. I need to have it changed to a release trigger. Who do you suggest that I use for the COIL SPRING trigger? I read a lot of old posts, but most of the talk is about leaf spring triggers.

thanks, Michael Plaxco

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Mike,

I don't think that the method of powering the hammers makes any difference as far as release triggers is concerned. The only way I could see it making a difference is if the coil hammer springs take up too much room to allow for the installation of the release trigger parts, but I doubt that is the case.

So, to answer your question, I would contact the same person who does release triggers for that gun if it had leaf springs.

Easystreet

3. shotist

shotist Member

Bump for more info...

4. Snooky

Snooky Member

Mike,
    I had an mx-12 done by Hunting in Florida and he totally screwed it up. After three trys to get it corrected, I then sent it to Kerry Allor in Michigan and he did a fantastic job. If I understand it right, the 2000s non drop outs or the same as the mx-12. Both are coil spring non removable.

Good Luck,
    Snooky

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Give Kerry a call, if he chooses not to do it , I am sure he will lead you in the right direction. He is in St. Clair Township,Michigan

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.