1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX2000RS VS Magnus Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AHKNEENAH, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHKNEENAH

AHKNEENAH TS Member

Ive been wanting to get a new combo, And my choices have came down to a MX2000RS and A Caesar Guerini Magnus Combo. Ive been going back and forth between the 2 for months now, I haven't got to shoot either so thats what is holding me up. I know the Perazzi is twice the money but if it is worth it I don't mind. So If someone can help me out on this I would appreciate it. I want to know about recoil differences and balance and if there are any things that I am missing.

Thanks
    TIM

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I would go with the Perazzi for the following reasons: Cg is too new , who knows they may not be around for the long haul. You can get a PFS for a Perazzi, that makes fit & recoil a no brainer. Personally I would go with a good single barrel & an o/u for doubles. This way you have two receivers, triggers etc.

Lou

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had and sold a Perazzi MX-2000 and sold it because I didn't have the need for an over/under ... I looked at the CG Magnus and there is no way to compare the two guns because it don't come close quality wise ... Get the Perazzi and be done with it and you won't have regrets later on ... Like looking at a Lexus and a Chevy when you look really close ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. AHKNEENAH

AHKNEENAH TS Member

Thanks for the quick response, I love the Perazzi and I surely need this gun for the long haul. But how is the recoil on a standard MX2000RS without having to put a PFS on it?

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If the gun fits no recoil, if it doesn't recoil. case closed.

Lou

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

P guns trade all the time, sale and resale

Has anyone ever tried to sell a CG?

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was a CG Magnus on TS.Com a few weeks ago, I looked at it and shouldered the gun just didn't feel anything close to right ... Nice looking but I didn't bother shooting it because it felt wrong after the Perazzi'z and Model 12's ... The guy shot 4 boxe's of shells in it and was selling it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. flyfish

flyfish Member

I switched from a Kolar to a Perazzi MX10RS about four years ago. Both guns fit me well. However, the P-Gun has considerably less perceived recoil. I've shot several high-end guns over the years and like my P-Gun the best. A buddy of mine has a Guerini, which fits me okay, but not as well as my Perazzi. The Guerini has less recoil than some other guns I've shot, but more perceived recoil than my MX10RS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.