1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX2000 lube question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

My owners manual gives information about lube points on the hinges, barrel pivots, and fore end lug. There is no mention in the manual about lubrication to the ejectors or ejector sears. It seems to me that some sort of lubrication would be required periodically. Could someone give advice?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like to lube any two metal surfaces that are moving against each other. I also clean the metal surfaces after shooting. I use a paint brush loaded with solvent and flood the surfaces and brush them out.

Pat Ireland

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Pat what kind of solvent do you use

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I use lacquer thinner in a vibrionic cleaner that warms the solution.

THEN, I re-oil EVERYTHING, first with Rem Oil, then high pressure air to remove excess AND to force the Rem Oil down deep. I then use a super high quality oil that I got through the US Air Force computer technicians many years ago and pin-point it at the critical metal-to-metal surfaces.

I am make damn sure I keep some oil or aLube on the hinge's curves surfaces.

FYI

WW

5. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

On my k80 it is easy to remove the extractors and clean out the groove that the extractor works in. On the Perazzi the extractor is spring loaded, how do I remove the extractor in order to clean the groove and re-oil?

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I thought you were never supposed to "usa da greasea" on those P guns??? LOL----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.