1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX2000/3-does anyone shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMITH47, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Does anyone shoot the MX2000/3 ?

I am considering it for sporting clays ?

appreciate your comments ..

thanks, ernie
    [​IMG]

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Giacomo had recommended to me this exact model for pigeons. Although I was not a fan of Perazzi in the past, particularly with the MX8 and the price compared to other sporters, I was told this model would be a good gun to get.

would like opinions on it as well for sporting...

3. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Perazzi has been offering the MX2000/3 for quite some time...well before the K80 Pro Sport and Kolar came about. It has a 3 position rib adjustment to change POI and is real simple to do. This gun competes directly with the other two and is competitively priced. The MX2000/3 comes with removable triggers but Perazzi USA has begun offering this setup with fixed coil spring triggers (MX12/MX2000S)for sporting clays.

Great guns.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ernie... Excellent gun... It's almost at the top of my list of all time greats... Be sure to get a lighter weight barrel.. I regret to this day not buying one I shot... It was FANTASTIC... My bunker barrel is this model..

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I have handled and shot one of these. It is one of the most dynamic handling guns that I've ever had the pleasure to shoot, and I'm not a Perazzi fan. I would love to have one, but I can't quite justify that kind of money. If money were no object, I'd own one right now.

ss

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

ok sounds good..
    what about the fully checkered forearm that shows in the catalog ?

ernie

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

what barrel weight would be ideal, heavy enough to take the recoil of 400 rounds in a day of shooting with either 18.7 or 18.8 bores...but light enough that it does not feel like a K80 or Kolar?/

8. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

The forend in the picture is a European Trap version. Almost all US versions have either the standard trap beavertail or the fully checkered thin sporting forend. A 31.5 in barrel with 18.7 bores should come in between 1.65 and 1.7 kg, a little more with factory chokes. For sporting, fixed Perazzi chokes in 4 and 7 (.016 and .028) are hard to beat ...but interchangeable chokes are certainly a good way to go as well. Good thing is a Perazzi will feel like a Perazzi regardless of barrel or gun weight. They put alot of emphasis on correct handling dynamics by selecting the proper wood density, balance point, etc. so you will not feel like you have a K80 or Kolar. If you are patient, your money will buy you the EXACT Perazzi you want and specify. A quick look at the top international shooters will show just how good these guns are when top performance and price are no object.

9. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

Didn't we win a bronze medal in women's trap with one of these guns?

Go USA.

10. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

I have been shooting this gun for about two years and I bought it to shoot bunker. The under barrel is choked and the over barrel is a fixed tight full. I've used the gun for sporting clays but find the second barrel to be very constrictive on short second shots. I've also tried it on the skeet field, which makes for a very interesting shot on the second shell at stations 2-6. I've also tried it at 9 inches high on ATA trap where it is very effective if your not a high POI shooter. The all clays gun would be better suited for everything but bunker.

11. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

gll:

which one do you prefer? I like the fact that Kolar offers .750 bores. I had to scale down to 7/8 oz sporting loads in my K80 ProSporter because the recoil was kicking too much. Bore size is .732.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Kolar weigh quite a bit more?

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Just look in the record books.. and see what wins.. I will say this however.. The Kolar .750 bore feels nice.. but in a foot race it will never catch a Perazzi on a Bunker field..

14. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

If you still want a 12ga shotgun, Perazzi offers barrels in .740 bore...any much more than that and the wad cannot fully expand to provide an optimum gas seal and pressure bleeds away as does velocity (and recoil). The USA took gold and bronze in the World Cup Men's Double Trap last week (go USA!), Sweden took silver. Perazzi swept the podium with all three medals...a common feat for the past 40 years. Nothing wrong with Kolar or K80 though...just different dynamics(Corvette v. Porsche v. Ferrari)

15. RMR

RMR Member

what is the approximate cost of the MX2000/3??
    Thanks RMR

16. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

for sporting clays would you prefer a barrel length of 29 1/2 or 31 1/2 ?

by the way thank you'll for sharing your knowledge & information !

ernie

17. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Also, you can order a Perazzi with any barrel weight you want. My RS-2000 has has 1.61Kg barrels and it swings very nicely. I would get lighter barrels if I were serious about bunker, more like 1.5-1.55Kg.

18. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

RMR

Higrade Shooters Supply has one on their web site $ 10,500

19. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I don't know about that particular gun, but I got my RS-2000 combo from Hi-Grade and it was a good experience. They shipped to my FFL here in Ca and the gun was just as advertised.

20. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

$10,500 is not a good deal.

If you are serious about buying this gun, go see Giacomo. He gave me a qoute for this same exact gun and it was close to $1000 less than hi-Grade....plus you get to specify the barrel weight and stock configuration you want without extra charge. And he will put close to SC3 grade wood on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.