1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX12 Doubling

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RTA48, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTA48

RTA48 TS Member

OK guys I needed to pick your brains. I just had Lucio do a run thru on the MX12, he replaced a broken firing pin and now some $635.00 later the dang this has started doubling! Any idea's as to why this may be happening?

Thanks

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Pull or release triggers???

3. RTA48

RTA48 TS Member

Pull

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

what did you have do

5. RTA48

RTA48 TS Member

I took the gun in for a check while a the NSCA Nationals. The action was pretty loose and they did whatever it is they do to tighten the action up, one of the firing pins was broken so they replaced both.

I have been shooting it ALOT since then (1 month) last Wednesday out of the blue it started doubling (5X) upon inspection it appeared that the top pin was stuck, sticking out! Took the stock off, I was able to push the pin back in, checked it by dry firing with SNAP CAPS and all appeared well. Took it back out today and was about at the 100 round mark when it doubled again. I shot it againd about 10 rounds and again it doubled.

I took the stock off again and I sure cant see anything wrong. The trigger mechanism may have had too much oil on it, if that can be a bad thing? I am kind of lost on this, just looking for some help and idea's.

Thanks,

RTA48

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

There is a selector problem.. Could be trash preventing the full movement.. And yes.. for that kind of money.. what else did they do..??? remember.. on the MX12.. you must break down the whole receiver to change the firing pin.. The error could happen on reassembly..if the selector is not in the right position..

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Sounds like not enough clearance on the tree at the sear for the first barrel, which is also catching under the second sear, therefore the tree is firing both sears. The tree needs to be all the way one way or the other (left or right). Also, if you have a selectable, the gun should always be in the safe position when changing barrel selections.

Remove the trigger and visually look at the tree as you fire the trigger... into something like a wood block or similar. In the firing position, the tree should only contact ONE SEAR, not both. Then the inertia block shoudl be pulled back and let go and it should then cause the tree to contact the second sear.

Do you have the sear springs on BOTH sears, AND the small plungers sitting on the sear springs? Do you also have the sleeves in place where the plunger rest against?

I have seen triggers in my shop with the wrong/bad sear springs, no plungers, or one missing, and some with no sleeves.

Whiz White

8. joehunter

joehunter Member

Guys, the owner said it is a MX12, it does not have a removeable trigger. It is a non dropout trigger. If I were you, I would call Perazzi USA and tell them what is happening. If they do not help. Call Dan at Giacomo Sporting and see what he thinks the problem is.

Joey

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Now that it's a de facto unregistered machinegun, let's hope you don't get David Olofson'd over it.

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

RTA48,

Here's a MX-12 trigger, check the link between the safety and the inertia block, if it's not positive, it might not reset the second sear.

[​IMG]

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Forgot about the 12's non-removalbe trigger - sorry. Should have remembered this as I've sold several of these.

Make sure that Inertia Block moves REARWARD freely and does not get stuck under the forward housing part.

A stuck Inertia Block would have the ability to prevent the tree from moving freely back and then forward, and thusly could cause doubling.

Whiz

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Is the trigger assembly of the MX12 the same as the MT 6 and Grand Italia?

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, MX-12 & Granditalia share the same trigger assembly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.