1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX10RS Unsingle owners...how about a review?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SteveT, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveT

SteveT Member

I bought a MX2000RS 35/34 fixed choke combo from Ray Stafford at the SW Grand in 2003. No regrets, have shot it quite a bit. No major issues, a couple of hammer springs but that should be expected after several 100 thousand rounds. One top lever spring at 200,000 rounds. Locking block is still good and the top lever is right of center. I clean it after every shoot unless I am on the road traveling. Still shooting it set up the way Ray set it for me the day I bought it. In my opinion Ray knows how to set a gun up to fit your style and get close to matching what other type of gun you were shooting.
    Steve Taylor

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Try the 35", you may love it as I do. Bruce

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Just another thought. I have both a 35" 2000 and mx15. They are very different in experienced weight and swing. If you are only going to use as a un-single, try them both, you may like the mx15 more and save a lot of cash. Bruce

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I shot MX 10 RS last year , I am very pleased with how it shoots. I can see the target easier. Hold tight, move it with your body and it becomes a smoke ball machine. I am still working on the doubles but I beleive it is the "Indian, not the Arrow".

Charlie

5. Old Dr. Bill

Old Dr. Bill TS Member

MX 2000 The last trap gun I will ever need. Love it.

6. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

Steve,

Regarding a safety ---I have a MX10RS combo bought new in 2006 and it has a safety that can be blocked off by using a roll pin as you mention.

My gun does not have the adjustable L.O.P. trigger and most do not, and it will take some luck to find one so equipped off the rack, but I believe that it is still possible to specify one when ordering a new gun. I have an MX8 sporting clays model and that has the factory adjustable length trigger group. It doesn't use the set screws you mention like the Browning method, but instead has a spring loaded release lever behind the trigger blade which is pulled out and that allows the trigger to move into a different position.

I have seen some factory triggers that have had the trigger blade distance position changed by a gunsmith (but they were still in a fixed position and not able to adjust once the change was made).

Regarding possible barrel weights for the unsingles ----- my 34 inch with factory choke tubes is listed on the barrel as being 1.640 kg. My shooting partner has a MX10RS also and has the 35 inch fixed choke; I will see him Wednesday and check out his barrel weight (if I can remember). I know his fixed barrel is choked about the same as a #8 factory choke tube at 0.032.

Hope this helps you out, Gregg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.