1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** MX10 vs. MX10 RS**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cyrus, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I need some info on the difference between the barrel/rib height of an MX10 and the MX10 RS. Currently my wife shoots an MX8 and has recently switched to a Ljutic Pro 3 adjustable hi-rib gun. Scores have dropped for some time now, and we thought a traditional height MX8 would be a better fit for her. What would be closer to an MX8 ....... the MX10 or the MX10 RS? Does anyone have any measurements/dimensions on this. Happy New Year and thanks for any info you can provide. Jeff 516 766 0784

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Steve, Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know the measurements of the MX10 Barrel. I hope you enjoy the evening and wish you a Happy New Year. Jeff

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you tend to cant your gun then the MX10. If not toss a coin. Both are excellent guns.

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Thanks guys for the info, very helpful, If anyone has additional comments info or experience with the above, kindly let me know. Happy New Year. Jeff

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

The rib on an MX-10 is slightly higher than an MX-10RS. The big difference is barrel location. The -10 is a top single; the RS is an unsingle. As Joe said, the -10 is closest to the 8.

BTW, you didn't say why you thought your wife was having the problem. Rib height may not be the real cause. It may be exacerbating an underlying problem.

Here are things to consider. Does the gun fit the same way the MX-8 did? Even if all the dimensions are exact, going from a low rib to a high rib necessitates some changes in form. The butt stock will be lower on her shoulder than before and/or her head will be higher/straighter. It could be a combination of the two. Muscle memory may have her locating the stock the same as before or trying to apply the same head position. Trying to conform to the gun rather than the inverse will change your effective POI.

Have you had her down to the pattern board to check POI at 13 yards? If so, did she set the Ljutic up to shoot to the same POI as the MX-8? If yes, she is shooting a higher POI at target distance. That is one of the reasons why I recommend 15 yards, or half the distance she breaks birds at.

Lastly, what about eye dominance. Many women are cross eye dominant. The higher the rib, the worse that problem becomes. If she is and is doing something to compensate for it, it may not be sufficient with the higher rib. If she uses tape on one lens, try more of it. It is amazing how much more of the world you can see with a high rib gun. Good luck.

6. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I received some very interesting messages and phone call. Am going to take the advise and apply to the LTX at the range this week. Any additional thoughts are always welcome. Thanks everyone. Jeff

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Some people just can't do the high rib thing. They need to see the barrel for reference. The MX-10 barrel is a top single with enough rib to give you some adjustments. Kind of like getting the best of both worlds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mx10 vs mx10rs