1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX receiver firing pin removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by VNVET, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VNVET

VNVET Member

I know the large pin has to come out but the parts on the right side end of the pin has me stumped. How to get these parts removed to take out the pin is the question. A bigger hammer is not the answer I'm looking for.

Jim

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Be very careful. You should use a punch and hammer to push the pin out from the LEFT side of the receiver if you have aType 4 gun. Be careful not to remove the pin all the way and you will not disturb the top lever lock which is held together by the same pin on the right side of the receiver. If you do it this way you don have to work with the lock parts.

TB

3. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Push the pin JUST FAR ENOUGH to the right to release the firing pins.

4. VNVET

VNVET Member

The pin in question seems to be a tight fit in the top lever lock. Then there the spring loaded pin which operates the top lever lock. This spring loaded pin seems somewhat fragile and could be bent easily. I tried a small hammer and punch and supporting the top lever lock as best I could but it would not budge. The large pin moves easily enough in the receiver frame and I have removed firing pins on other Perazzi's with no issues. The TM-1 comes to mind. The large pin will take more than a few light taps to push through the top lever lock due to the tight fit..........is this normal?

Jim

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

It appears that you are coming in from the wrong side. Push the big pin from the left side of the receiver. This is opposite from the lock. Push the pin through the lock and leave it it . Push the pin just enough to free the firing pins.

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.