1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX barrels for doubles, opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GeezerGlide, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

Being relatively new into doubles, I could use the benifit of someones experience here. Am considering adding O/U barrels to my MX14, have discussed a set of 31.5's with a gentleman. I have been shooting my CG w/32's. I guess my question is any reason the 31.5's,sporting would be detrimental as long as I get desired POI with comb adjustment? thanks in advance for input. Jim

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The CG would be a good starting point with proper POI.. Learn it.. shoot it.. and then go from there.. To dive into a set of barrels.. fitting.. and possibly stock work might be unnecessary..

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Before you buy those 31.5" barrels, see if they fit on your gun and the forearm latches properly. If they do, try them out first. You probably have a 34" TS, so the difference in POI between the two barrel sets may be enough to through you off unless you are willing to change comb settings. If not, your POI will be higher with the shorter O/U barrels. That is generally the opposite of what most shooters want for doubles.

If you don't mind bringing two guns to a shoot, stay with what you have. A sporting gun makes an excellent doubles gun as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.