1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-8B More Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hooligan, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Hi
    I am still learning and would appreciate a bit more of your expert help!
    I cannot find any reference in Karl Lippard's book to an MX-8B model Perazzi.
    A very nice one has turned up with a serial no. 114719. I would like to know the fundamental difference between this and a standard MX8. Hope you can enlighten me. Barry

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Doesn't Karl's book predate ser#114719? I think it does. I have an 8B I use for sporting and mechanically and cosmetically it appears the same as an MX8 except it says B on the side.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

MX8B's were a series of Guns that Perazzi dumped in the US in the 2000-2001 time frame. They are MX8's with a full top and a choke tube bottom barrel. Most were 29.5" Bunker guns. They also had coil springs. I only wish I had bought one when they came out. Most of them went for around $4k new in the box! I had one friend purchase one at the Grand and then Perazzi made him a custom stock at no charge... Talk about a deal. These are great guns and were a great value.

TB

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

could the trigger group work in regular mx-8? interesting that was your first shotgun mx8b, bet your still shooting them.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Once again I say thanks to all you guys for the help and info - it is much appreciated. Barry

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

A friend of mine has one he wants to sell, 31.5" bbl. with a soft-touch installed. 5300 will buy it, no more than 500 shells thru it.

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The triggers will interchange between the guns. Mx8 B is for live bird and the coil springs don't break like the leaf springs I have one 112*** sn range.

I consider it the equal to any mx series gun.

Joe

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

My curiosity has been aroused! Down here in Aus quite a few guys shoot OT and my club actually has 3 bunker layouts, but I always thought the majority of US trapshooters shot ATA Trap. I do know of a few keen OT exponents but not too many.
    This leads to my curiosity of why quite a number of US shooters buy Perazzi's and other guns which have been basically designed as bunker and live pigeon guns.
    Personally I find that for American Trap ( which we shoot here, albeit we can utilise 2 bbls in most events) that a raised or stepped rib and a high shooting set up much more conducive to to maintaining a high average. That does not mean to say I cannot set up a flat rib gun to shoot higher by raising the comb! I just wonder when you guys have such a vast selection of guns over there to choose from why you would buy a flat rib bunker gun if ATA Trap is your main game? Maybe there are more OT shooter tahn I first thought. Barry

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Barry- We have a great varity of shooting games from American trap to Sporting and FITASC Many flat rib guns with choke tubes can be used for multiple disciplins. In american trap we also shoot doubles and many shooters use the same gun for their doubles as they do for sporting. This may not be ideal but many do.
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.