1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX 6

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by newbbs, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbbs

newbbs Member

Is the MX 6 just a newer version of the MX 3 ?

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Steve will give you a better answer than I can. The two biggest differences I can come up with is. The MX6 uses a different rib design and shoots the bottom barrel first. Evidently some came with selectable triggers and some did not.

Ajax

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Yes.

I have had an MX6 combo for a long, long time, and for some reason unknown to me I shoot the MX6 single better from the 27 than any of my other higher-dollar Perazzis. I believe that even Dan Bonillas shoots his MX3 better as well.

The MX6 combo, mine came new with an adjustable comb and the externally selectable trigger, whereas most MX3's shot top first and this was also then true for the O/U.

All parts interchange, except, of course, the monoblock is rounded on its underside, versus the square monoblock on the MX8 barrels and receivers.

Someone once told me you can stick the MX3/MX6 barrel on an MX8 receiver, and to tell you the truth, I've never done that... but I will today.

Steve W is the #1 respected and knowledgeable source for Perazzi information. If I have stated something incorrect, I would ask that he intervene here.

Steve: Give it a go!

Whiz

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, you may say it's a newer version of the MX-3, but as Ajax point out, it fired bottom barrel first, and has normal choke arrangement.

Whiz, the rounded monobloc will not go on MX-8, unless you have an universal monobloc barrel.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Will a MX3 Special barrel fit on a MX8 frame?

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, MX-3 spl. share the same type of squared monobloc with MX-8, this plus it's "normal" choke arrangement makes it worth 10% more than a comparable MX-3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.