1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-3

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rick979, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This combo. is SOLD (pending receipt of funds) Built in Italy in 1985 then spent 20 years in a safe. Has original Perazzi case in mint condition. It has original "wallet", paperwork, 3 chokes and tools. Combo. is all original and "numbers matching" with a 34" choke tube single barrel and a 31.5" fixed choke double barrel. There is one removeable trigger group. The trigger is currently a pull/pull with matching serial number. The trigger can be set for release/pull. This MX-3 has never been molested, ported, backbored, whipped on or cut up. The original pad is still glued in place not screwed on. Dr. Giacomo did the top lever spring update when I visited the Southwestern Grand about 2 weeks ago. Price $4,800. Enjoy the photos! Rick

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

0   0   0

Do both triggers serial numbers match the gun? Interesting that one has a gold trigger the other is plain. Jake

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

This gun is underpriced. Adn one of the best trap guns ever made. Dan bonillas shot this exact gun to fame and fortune. All-American Jerry Demulling too. This is one of the best balanced combos P ever built. Is a few ounces lighter than a a scalloped recvr gun. And the orig .725 bbl adn chokes will make it a wonderful singles and then converts to s=hcp gun in th afternoon. The old problem you hear about them popping open is correct but Giacamo corrected that. Just the parts alone cost near 100 bucks. This gun will campaign flawlessly.

I rate this gun at $5500.

And Rick... you musta found something else to love. But never toss out an old girlfriend... just string her along till she leaves on her own. Just dont' give her away. A guy will come along and fall for her just like you did. aDn then he will buy her dialmonds and pay your bounty. Wow. And oldie, but perhaps one of the top ten of the year.

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thanks for the stellar rating of my gun Jack. As you know I share your love of the MX-3. It appears that my diabetes has progressed to a point that competitive shooting for me may be a thing of the past. But not to worry. If I don't get a decent price for the gun she will stay in Texas.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Rick. These are gong on my MX3. Likely I will have Doug Braker make it adjustable, but this will be a fun gun when done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

how many shells have been shot through it, by you and the previous owner?

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WOW!! can anyone really say how many shells have been through a gun? I sure can't. All I can attest to is there hasn't been a better one on the market in EONS.

9. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The gun is sold pending receipt of funds. Thanks! Rick .... Texas

10. woodski

woodski Member

0   0   0

Rick,
    I'm very sorry to here about your health problems and will keep you in my prayers. I wish I was in a financial position to purchase this combo. Hope it's going to a good home and will be kept intact as it's a beauty.

MX3's friend, Bob Woods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.