1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-3 barrels for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by laura!, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura!

laura! Member

If you ever have a MX3 O/U 12 gauge round bottom mono-block for sale please contact me.

How do you tell what type lug you have??

Thanks,
    Laura

2. Ral

Ral TS Member

hey bigbore, how come three days ago you told me my 32 inch top single was worth around 900 bucks and now you have one here for 1450 am I missing something. I'm not trying to be cute, I always enjoy your comments; Ral

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Mike is right. It is always interesting to see folks selling P-gun barrels that have been ported, back bored and had the chokes screwed with.

Folks figure they paid lots to have that work done and they think others will pay for it. Interesting they are now passing on those wonderful barrels. They get a bit testy if you tell them the barrels aren't worth much. But it is true.

Original is always worth more in a Perazzi. Unless the buyer is emotional and not rational in the decision. Many P-gun buyers simply are not interested in a set of barrels that have work.

Jake

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a barrel that has been altered by a named smith with the paperwork to document what has been done and neither have any of the buyers who have bought my guns from me. Granted you won't add the price of barrel work to the total value of the gun but you most certainly will get the full value of the gun as far as it's condition warrants on the price scale. The key here is a named smith with the records of the work. I will agree that all bets are off when you don't have the above. I know Tom Seitz did a whole bunch of barrel work on guns that didn't come out until after he died! That why the records are key. Can barrel work be used as an excuse to chisel a person down on the price? Not with me as if the buyer uis willing to buy it at any price then obviously the barrel work doesn't bother them.Jeff

5. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

looking for o/u set, round-mono block...sale of MX3 top single depends on it...lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.