1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX 2005 Combo - to buy or not to buy???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TX-MX, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

Well, my last thread got highjacked, so let me ask again:

To those of you who shoot [or who used to shoot] the MX 2005, did you have touble getting used to the higher rib? Anyone go back to a more "conventional" setup?

How about the o/u or combo? How does it handle on doubles? Anyone using their 05 for singles and another o/u for doubles?

thanks to mike for his answer on my last thread.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The unsingle works well for singles and caps . I see the targets faster it,s very soft shooting and points well . I,m just not into the Perazzi . I had a Trap Special nice gun but did,t fit and Krieghoff did,t care .

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

The high rib keeps the barrel out of sight, also keeps you from lifting your head. There have been alot of people that have not been able to shoot a high rib. A highrib also rises faster than a normal rib. You should raise your gun hold at first so you don't jump the target. Shooters that float the target do much better with a high rib.

4. crossman

crossman Member

I have had my 2005 for almost two years. I am very pleased with the gun and have shot my best scores with this gun. My previous gun was a seitz and I like the perazzi much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.