1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX 2000 vs. 2000RS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Avaldes, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I have not been able to track down the differences between the standard Perazzi MX 2000 and the MX 2000RS. It seems like the RS may have a slightly taller rib, but no where near as tall as the 2005. I would appreciate it if someone could help me understand these differences. Thank you.

-Aaron Valdes
    San Diego, Ca.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I believe the actual difference in the rib height is 3/16 but who is counting ... I have a MX-2000 combo with the upgrade wood on it and its a really nice gun, but I took off the nice looking wood and put a PFS (Robo Stock) on it for the recoil and adjustability ... Both are over all Perazzi quality and one is as dependable as the other ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. beretta bry

beretta bry TS Member

Just like everybody else said the RS has a higher rib, I shoot a MX10RS and I love it. But as stated in a above post, you get perazzi reliability with both guns.

Respectfully

Bryan Hull

4. Avaldes

Are the O/U barrels in the combo the same between a 2000 and 2000RS? Are there any distinguishing stamps on the barrel of an MX-2000RS?

5. Avaldes

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Aren't the triggers different ?

Charlie

7. Avaldes

Now that I have a new MX-2000RS combo, I can say definitively that both the receiver and barrels are stamped "RS." :)

8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

The only true method of distinction would be to buy one of each.I guess you have started. I have been thinking of the point ability of each and have similar questions. I have been shooting a TM1 since 1979. Was considering changing.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.