1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-2000 vrs. MX-15?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

OK, the MX-2000 has a scalloped receiver, the MX-15 has more adjustment for POI. Other than that what is the difference between the two guns? Is there any internal differences?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Not much difference however you can buy an MX2000 as a combo while the MX15 is sold as an Unsingle only and it is difficult to find an O/U barrel set that fits with compatible rib height without comb changes.

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I have an MX-15, and Giacamo's fit a very nice O/U barrel to it. Works fine. However, I would like an MX-2005 hi-rib.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mx 15 - handicap shootin' SOB. Remember. The 15 is not a high rib gun. It is an under single.

The 2000's rib is only slightly higher than the 15's and allows you to shoot a little more upright than the 15.

The 2005 has one of the most extreme rib heights on the market. A very different animal than the 15 or the 2000. The higher the rib the greater chance that any canting on the shooter's part, the greater the chance your point of aim will be far different than the point of impact. Make sure you can adjust the gun that eliminates all canting. Of course, canting is always a problem but the higher rib the greater the inaccuracy with a cant. Good Luck.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I believe hunter44 was referring to MX-2000 SB unsingle vs. MX-15.

Other than what you already knew, the sculpted receiver, engravings, and 5 notch vs 6 notch differences, they are the same elsewhere.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Is there any significant (more than $100) difference in price? Do you have to pay a premium for the MX2000? Regards, Ed

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The difference in price is noticeable, like any Perazzi with sculpted frame & engravings.

In the case of MX-2000 unsingle, Perazzi put it out on the market at a promotional price in early 2000s, it was merely $1,200 over the the flat receiver, none engraved MX-15.

On the used market, normally we see only $700~900 difference in comparable condition guns.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Mx 15 with good wood looks like a kolar ...

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Doesn't the 2000 have a higher rib, hence less notches in the rib?
    Barry says higher barrel but doesn't he mean higher rib?

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Steve W. - bkt514 mentioned he wanted an Mx2005. I wanted to include him/her in my opinion.

Johnny - Yeah, I meant "rib". I'll change it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.