1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX 2000 is poping open Help?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I shot doubles today and my MX Perazzi popped open.It seems to close good and the lugs seem good when I look at them.The top Lever spring does not seem real strong.....and I did clean some powder out of the lug area..Help.Might need to send it to someone who is quick. Monty

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

1. Clean all grease and foreign matter out of the bbl. lubs and off the bolt and try the gun.
    2, Put lamp black or other marker substance on the back (only) of the bbl. lugs. Open and close the gun several times. Check if any of your marker is on the front of the bolt. If it is you need to replace the bolt.
    3. Have any competent gunsmith replace your action latch spring.

Buz

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Things to look at Oil on locking parts Was it wet as in raining . How much has the gun been shot ? My Silver Seitz is about new and any oil on the locking lug will give me a problem also if I shoot in any rain it,s a problem . The locking lug has to be dry no oil or grease I clean it off with Alcohol .

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

221 Just one question were do I get a Top Lever ??

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Romie. You are about to have a catastrophic failure via the breaking of the top lever shaft. That is a $450 item plus labor plus shipping back and forth. And all caused by that weak spring. Send it to Doug Braker to fix and NOW. call him at 218-947-3600. Never shoot a Perazzi with a weak spring where the gun pops open. Never.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

221 Just one question were do I get a Top Lever ??

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Romie. You are about to have a catastrophic failure via the breaking of the top lever shaft. That is a $450 item plus labor plus shipping back and forth. And all caused by that weak spring. Send it to Doug Braker to fix and NOW. call him at 218-947-3600. Never shoot a Perazzi with a weak spring where the gun pops open. Never.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.