1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-2000 Forearm rubbing on barrel.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ross817, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross817

Ross817 TS Member

I have had my MX-2000 for about 3 months and have just now noticed that the center of the forearm rubs a litte on the barrel when I put it on. I dont know if it has been like this since I got it second hand.

Is this even somthing I should worry about? Its just a slight rub but I worry about it removing some of the blue. Also when I look down the center of the forearm I see the would kind of bow in at the center.

This is my first "expensive" firearm and I just get a little nervous when I notice things like that.

Thanks,

Ross

2. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Ross

A small amount of contact between the wood and barrel is usually normal and will not affect function. It would be helpful to check and see that the serial number in the wood matches that on the gun. This is easy to check on the forend since both wood and iron have the SN on them. A mismatch will indicate that the original factory wood was replaced (common) and a little more minor fitting needs to be done to get things right. Otherwise if this bothers you, use a little extra fine grade sandpaper to lightly smooth the wood out (it takes VERY LITTLE to get it right)and then rub a little urethane spar varnish over the area to seal things up.

In any event, a little blue wear on the barrel and under the forend is normal and should not affect the overall value of the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.